Excel Cut and paste is not working properly

Copper Contributor

Hi,

So for book Keeping purposes, I do look at of a specific transaction type on my bank account which is set up in columns, I then highlight them, Copy and paste them into an excel spreadsheet matching the destination formatting to get rid of icons and hyperlinks. This used to work seamlessly from columns to columns. Now for some reason, excel has decided to do a process called concatenating, which is multiple columns to one column which I did not tell it to do. How do I stop this? Extrapolating the data one transaction at a time is a huge waste of time.

3 Replies

@NikolinoDE the links you shared were helpful for other things but did not solve the issue, when I cut from a columned source excel now combines all the columns into 1 row or 1 column, and makes no sense why

@amoskowitz 

With your permission, if I may recommend you, describe your problem step by step as, where, when it occurs, preferably with photos or a file (without sensitive data).

Provide more information, such as Excel version, operating system, storage medium, file extension, etc., so there is a faster and more accurate chance of getting a solution proposal.

As you have already seen, more than 100 users have seen your message and only I have replied and that was not enough for you to solve your problem, with the actions suggested above, more users will surely report.

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your patience and understanding