Excel 365 online, date formatting problem.

Copper Contributor

Created Excel spread sheet with a column format as percentage. All works fine. However, when I share online, any entry in the percentage column is multiplied by 100. - How can this be avoided.

4 Replies

Hi,

I cannot replicate your problem. Could you please share an example file/snapshot?

Thanks

Yury 

Hi,

Thanks for your reply - please see snip of Excel Online. I want to share an Excel on line, where my colleagues can simply enter percentages in a column. Thanks David

Hi,

It looks like sum bug in Excel online.  If you start editing online file from the cell with % it ignores the "%" within the cell (you may check the formular bar when editing). However, that's only for very first cell. If you start editing your online file from any other cell, or apply format to the cell, or some else and after that go on your per cent cell editing it will recognize you input correctly.

Try as your first operation enter 10, it returns 1000%. After that enter once more into the same cell, not it'll be 10%.

At least such behaviour on my version. Not sure what could be a workaround, push user to do any other operation befor editing cells formatted as per centage.

Thanks for reply - I will try to raise issue with MS