Excel 2016 Get data from PDF missing

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I'm using Excel 2016 on Windows 10, and I find that I don't have the option to get external data from PDF. Any idea what could be the issue here? 

cherish6000_0-1599030619531.png

38 Replies
Hi there! What's your version number in the Semi-Annual channel please? I suggest you to try again by updating to the latest version on the Semi-Annual channel. Please let me know if you still can't see the PDF connector for some reason.

@Guy Hunkin I'm having the same problem with the latest semi-annual channel.

JorgeJCI_0-1617364734727.png

@Guy Hunkin I have the apps for enterprise is it also available for use? I don't see it

lesliea_141590_2-1618329313865.png

@lesliea_141590 

Based on release notes https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/semi-annual-enterprise-channel-preview PDF connector was added recently to this build

image.png

on semi-annual (preview) channel. I guess that means that semi-annual 2008 could have this functionality with next feature update in July or so. But @Guy Hunkin knows better.

Thank you! that makes sense @Sergei Baklan 

@lesliea_141590 , you are welcome

Hi there! PDF connector is available in Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise, as well. It is already available for customers on the Current Update Channel, and will be available on the Semi-Annual Update Channel version 2102 and on.
Hi, I have the same problem. I just got an 365 account to be able to use the Get Data- PDF feature but can't see it in my ribbon. In the prior messages it said it should be in builds 2102 and on. I have version 2107 so it should be there I think. What can I do to get this feature in excel? Thanks in advance.

@Jenny1985 My function comes back, see the screenshot. 

Version 2107 build 14228.20226 click to run

@Jenny1985, are you still experiencing the problem?

@Guy Hunkin 

I just purchased 365 to convert data from a pdf into excel. I had seen several videos showing how easy it was but the option does not exist on my mac or pc.  I have the Family Subscription and this is VERY FRUSTRATING.   I've read the tech notes but that hasnt helped.  Is this feature not on Personal Subscriptions?  

Since Microsoft is having a lot of issues with this function, do you recommend I purchase Adobe?

Hi @Bob_B2235 ! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing and issue with the PDF connector.

What's your Excel version please? You may find it under File > Account > Product Information section on the right. It might help if you take a screenshot of this section and paste it here. Please make sure the screenshot doesn't contain any personal information (like your email address) prior to upload.

Guy

- Excel Team

Hello, and if this has been removed by our moronic security people? What then?

@Guy Hunkin 

I have the same issue, and I have downloaded the latest version builder and .NET Framework 4.8 (see snapshot)Capture.PNG

I also have restarted my computer multiple times since then. Wondering if you guys know if there's anything else I'm missing in my Excel app?

@axajacques 

Just .net is not enough, you need to be on Excel 365 or 2021.

This is the problem am having here. Please just help on how to fix it asap. Thanks

@cherish6000 Hello, I have the same problem. What I did as an alternative was Data -> From web -> insert the file path for your pdf file. Hope it'll work for you. Cheers.

Hi, try Data -> From web -> insert the file path for your pdf file. Works for me.