SOLVED

Enter data into a table to create a list

Copper Contributor

I am trying to streamline some of our processes. I have a table of lengths and grades for our product, and I need to create a list based on what we are producing. I want to be able to put numbers in the table, and it automatically produces the list based on that. Using either macros, formulas or a combination of both. I've attached the image of what the table looks like, and an example of what the list could look like. The list then gets printed and tallied as we create the product

3 Replies
need to create a list based on what we are producing.

What kind of list do you want to produce?
Can you share files rather than screenshots and your expected result?
best response confirmed by Jeremy1565 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jeremy1565 

It would have been a little less effort if you had attached a workbook with that first sheet, rather than attaching an image.

The workbook I have attached requires Excel version 365 (or Excel for the web), as it uses the new LAMBDA function (another description is here) and MAP function.

As I interpret it, your column A data contains your product grade. But that interpretation might not be correct; hence the question marks on a couple of my worksheets.

The worksheets whose names end with " (2)" are easier-to-understand versions of how I constructed the "Row-priority List" and "Column-priority List" worksheets; the latter seems to be what you want.

Be sure to read the notes on the _Info worksheet.

Thanks heaps for all the work you put into that! It looks pretty much exactly what I was looking for. A few minor differences that won't make much of a difference. Apologies I didn't put in an actual spreadsheet that's my bad. I Only checked my emails today and noticed
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jeremy1565 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jeremy1565 

It would have been a little less effort if you had attached a workbook with that first sheet, rather than attaching an image.

The workbook I have attached requires Excel version 365 (or Excel for the web), as it uses the new LAMBDA function (another description is here) and MAP function.

As I interpret it, your column A data contains your product grade. But that interpretation might not be correct; hence the question marks on a couple of my worksheets.

The worksheets whose names end with " (2)" are easier-to-understand versions of how I constructed the "Row-priority List" and "Column-priority List" worksheets; the latter seems to be what you want.

Be sure to read the notes on the _Info worksheet.

View solution in original post