Data Connection Refresh Error

Copper Contributor

Hi. I have successfully been able to import data (in File No. 1) from another excel file (File No. 2). Both these files are stored in Sharepoint and are collaborated with a team. These files also can be accessed thru the Files Tab in a Teams Channel. These files are also stored on my Laptop and can be accessed via OneDrive/Sharepoint. When I open the file from my laptop and perform Data Refresh , the connection is successful and the refreshed data gets imported (i.e. New Data from File No. 1 to File No. 2). When I access the same file thru Teams (or excel online), I get a refresh error as below.

Other users who try to Refresh the File (File No. 2) also get the same error. Appreciate if I can get a solution.

Paul_Castelino_0-1589783599935.png

24 Replies

@jokahati Any update on supporting the Power Query data source for Excel Online?

"UNSUPPORTED DATA SOURCE This workbook contains Power Query queries that can't be refreshed in Excel for the Web."

Hey @Anthony13122,

See my previous comment - we now support PQ Refresh in Excel Online for these data sources:
From Table/Range and (anonymous) OData feed (also appears in the "Learn more" link).
We are continuing work to support PQ Refresh for many more data sources.

@jokahati Hi can you show me how 

Is it updated for excel source
Hey Mike,

Check this page: https://aka.ms/pqxlo