Data Analysis in a Protected Sheet

Copper Contributor

Good day,

I am new here and I was hoping a can get some help. I've created a sheet that my classmates like using for our Quantitative Business Tools class. The problem is that they keep altering the formulas and have asked me to make it user friendly. I decided to protect the sheet allowing the students to only input information on selected cells. The problem then becomes that some of my formulas rely on a data regression analysis which I can no longer conduct on a protected sheet. Is there any way around this?

1 Reply

@Philomath 

Somebody else will have to answer your actual question; I have no idea whether there's a way around the experience of protection interfering with data regression analysis.

But since these are your classmates in a business analysis course of some kind (undergrad or graduate?), it occurs to me that you could suggest that, at the very least, they just take a copy of your original sheet and then work independently, altering your formulas if they must on their own copies--it would help them learn to use the Excel tool themselves, surely one of the objectives of the course--and leave you free to accomplish your data regression.