Custom Margins in Exel (Microsoft Office Plus 2021)

Copper Contributor

I have recently installed this package and want to establish custom margins around my spead sheet. When I click on View-Layout-Custom Margins nothing happens. In an older version I was given the option to choose margins for Top/Bottom etc. This window does not appear. Can anyone advise?

John McWilliam

2 Replies

@jsmcwilliamgmailcom 

In Microsoft Excel 2021 (part of Microsoft 365), customizing margins for your spreadsheet is done slightly differently than in older versions. To set custom margins, follow these steps:

1. Open your Excel spreadsheet: Launch Excel and open the spreadsheet for which you want to adjust the margins.
  2. Go to the Page Layout tab: Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the Excel ribbon. This tab is where you will find page-related settings, including margins.
  3. Click on Margins: Within the Page Layout tab, you should see a "Margins" button in the "Page Setup" group. Click on it to access margin options.
  4. Select Custom Margins: In the Margins dropdown menu, you will see predefined margin options like Normal, Wide, and Narrow. To set custom margins, choose "Custom Margins..." at the bottom of the menu.
  5. Custom Margins Dialog Box: A "Page Setup" dialog box will appear. In this dialog box, you can specify custom margins for the top, bottom, left, and right sides of your spreadsheet.
  6. Set your custom margins: Enter your desired margin values in the "Top," "Bottom," "Left," and "Right" fields. You can adjust these values by typing in measurements or using the up/down arrows.
  7. Apply and OK: after you have set your custom margins, click the "OK" button to apply them to your spreadsheet.

The custom margins you have specified will now be applied to your Excel document. If you want to see how these margins will appear when printed, you can use the Print Preview feature by clicking on "File" > "Print" and reviewing the layout there.

These steps should help you set custom margins for your spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel 2021 (Microsoft 365). If you still encounter issues or if the "Custom Margins" option is not working, it is a good idea to ensure that your Office installation is up-to-date with the latest updates and patches. The text and steps were edited with the help of AI.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

Was the answer useful? Mark as best response and Like it!

This will help all forum participants.

@NikolinoDE @jsmcwilliamgmailcom 

Here is a slightly modified approach to finding the custom margin options in Excel 365. You want to reach the Margins tab on the Page Layout > Page Setup window.
1. Open your Excel spreadsheet.
2. Go to the Page Layout on the ribbon menu.
3. Go to the Page Setup group and click on the downward arrow in the lower right corner of the Page Setup group.
4. Go to the Margins tab of the Page Setup window and set your margins.