SOLVED

Creating Daily Timelines in Excel

Deleted
Not applicable

I am trying to build an autogenerated event timeline. I have been breaking it down for each event and am hoping excel will help shorten that process for me. Essentially the time block is broken down to 2 hours before event start time, 30 minute event 1, then 3 hours for event 2, 30 min for final event. There is really 4 major time points and I break it down to minute-by minute in between. But I didn't know if there was a way for me to just enter those 4-time points and it auto fill the in between. 

6 Replies

You can just use Autofill:

https://www.keynotesupport.com/excel-basics/excel-autofill-time-hours-minutes.shtml

Type in a few times in the series then grab the fill handle in the bottom right hand corner of the cell and left click and drag down. 

I understand that function, but it doesn't apply to this situation. I know the formula I need to do in between, but what I need is if I put in a time in one cell then the next "major event" time slot I would like to auto-generate to 3 hours after that time I put in the original cell. Does that make more sense?

Essentially what I am trying to do is and IF function ( I think) IF the main event is 4:30 then the first event you should be 2.5 hours prior and the last event should be 3 hours after. I just don't know how to execute that. 

If your time value is in cell A1 use this formula in A2 then drag down:

=A1+1/1440

best response
Solution

Try these formulas:

Time.png

YES! This was it! Thank you!!!!!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Try these formulas: