create a raw data for production

Copper Contributor

Good afternoon,

I hope everyone in good health.

I am seeking support to create a new database for a production line, where the data is received daily which are 

the production source, amount of production, pressure, and few other parameters that need to be evaluated on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis 

in my case, I am trying to minimize the errors of following up by creating a good structure of the database and a dashboard that can show the issue in production, if any, through formulas and a pivot table 

How can I create an easy raw data basis where I have different depending parameters?

Thank you 

6 Replies

@NouraAQ 

Hi

Can you explain this in more detail - perhaps with an example?

I assume you have data from an external system and you want to import in into Excel so you can analyse it? Is that correct?

Providing a better explanation will help move this forward.

regards,

Peter

@peteryac60 

yes, It is external data that is received daily

Kindly find the below example as the header of the data that I need to analyze. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 6.53.44 PM.png

@NouraAQ 

Hi 

I can see your headers which seem OK - I do not understand what your problem is? Why don't you populate the spreadsheet from your external data?

Please clarify?

Peter

@peteryac60 

Ok,as you know, if I will do a pivot table or converted it to a table, this is impossible due to having two headers. Meaning even when I create a chart per the product to analyze the daily production of it, I need to convert the data to another shape which is hard if my table is not an official table in excel or a pivot, especially that the data is increasing in a daily basis. 

Hope you understand my point of view  

@NouraAQ 

Hi

Why don't you change your format to a excel table as shown in the attached? That way you can create charts etc.

Is this not what you want?

@peteryac60 

Forgot the attachment!