Sep 14 2023 01:15 AM
Sep 14 2023 01:15 AM
I want to copy exact format of one of sheets to other sheet (i.e column width, height and color).
Sep 14 2023 02:37 AM
To copy the exact formatting, including column width, row height, and cell color, from one Excel sheet to another, you can use the "Format Painter" option in Excel. Here's how you can do it:
1. Open your Excel workbook with the two sheets you want to work with.
2. Navigate to the sheet with the formatting you want to copy (the source sheet).
3. Select the cell (or range of cells) that have the formatting you want to copy.
* If you want to copy the entire sheet's formatting, you can click the square between the row numbers and column letters (it's the intersection of the row and column headers) to select the entire sheet.
4. Once you've selected the cells, go to the "Home" tab in the Excel ribbon.
5. In the "Clipboard" group, you'll find the "Format Painter" button.
Click on it.
6. Your cursor will change to a paintbrush icon, indicating that you've activated the Format Painter.
7. Now, navigate to the sheet where you want to apply the formatting (the destination sheet).
8. Select the cell or range of cells where you want to apply the formatting.
9. Click on the selected cell, and the formatting from the source sheet will be applied to the destination sheet.
10. If you want to apply the formatting to multiple cells, you can click and drag your cursor over the cells to select them.
11. turn off the "Format painter" by clicking Esc key or the icon in Excel.
The Format Painter allows you to replicate the formatting precisely, including column width, row height, cell color, and more.
Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.
If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.
Sep 14 2023 04:00 AM
You may select columns where your range is in first sheet. Copy. Select same columns on second sheet and Paste->Paste Special->Formats