Concantenate and Ignore 0s

Copper Contributor

I am making a template. Sheet 2 is the input sheet for data, Sheet 1 moves that data from Sheet 2 into Sheet 1 and adds a column with a concatenate formula since we need a column with a Unique ID. Sheet 1 is locked to read only and that sheet is used as a source file for a downstream data shuttle workflow. My issue is if the entire row is blank, the concantenate colum is showing "00". I need it to be blank or the downstream workflow imports that column as if contains data when it does not. I already made it so my blank columns don't show the 0 but looks like that is just a cosmetic view change and its not actually blank. If the 2 cells are blank or 0, I want my concatenate cell to be blank. Is this possible? Or perhaps I should just use a JOIN formula with a space in between the 2 values? It means I have to update the current data as there is no space in the Unique ID column and they need to match but if it makes moving forward easier...

3 Replies

@Pcpatter 

What are the formulas you currently use?

@Hans Vogelaar just concantenate so =G2&O2 for example which returns 00 if the cells are blank. I can do it with a JOIN TEXT formula but it requires I add a space. Would like to avoid that if I can as it means needing to go in and modify my current data already in the system.

@Pcpatter 

Try

=TEXTJOIN("", TRUE, G2, O2)