Cannot run macro button

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I Cannot run the macro button as pic below. I already checklist the trust center and the error still popped up.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you

Nurhazanah_0-1693799529609.png

And also, I already record the Marco but the macro list still empty (i recorder for 3x and still the same)

1 Reply

@Nurhazanah 

It seems like you are encountering issues with running macros and recording macros in Excel. Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot and resolve these problems:

For Running Macros:

1. Enable Macros: First, ensure that macros are enabled in your Excel settings. To do this:
    • Go to "File" > "Options."
  • In the Excel Options dialog, click on "Trust Center" in the left pane.
  • Click on the "Trust Center Settings" button on the right.
  • In the Trust Center dialog, select "Macro Settings" in the left pane.
    • Choose "Enable all macros" or "Enable macros with notification," depending on your security preferences.
  1. Check the Button's Code: If you are still having trouble running a macro from a button, right-click on the button and select "Assign Macro." Ensure that the correct macro is assigned to the button.
  2. Macro Security Level: Verify that the macro you are trying to run is located in a trusted location or digital signed, as higher security settings might prevent macros from running.
  3. Antivirus Software: Sometimes, antivirus software can interfere with macros. Temporarily disabling it (if safe to do so) could help troubleshoot the issue.

For Recording Macros:

1. Record Macro Location: When you start recording a macro, Excel asks you where you want to store the macro. Ensure you select the appropriate workbook or "New Workbook" if you want to save it as a new macro-enabled workbook.
  2. Macro Name: Give your macro a name when recording it. Sometimes, not naming the macro can cause issues with it not being saved.
  3. Security Settings: Check your macro security settings as mentioned earlier. If macros are disabled, you will not be able to record them.
  4. Excel Add-ins: Some Excel add-ins can interfere with macro recording. Try disabling add-ins one by one to see if any are causing the issue.
  5. Corrupted Excel Installation: In rare cases, a corrupted Excel installation can cause issues with macro recording. You might consider repairing or reinstalling Excel.

If you have tried these steps and are still having issues, please provide more specific details about the error messages or problems you are encountering. This additional information will help in providing more targeted assistance. The text and steps were created with the help of AI.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you