SOLVED

Calculating Revenue between Dates

Copper Contributor

Hello All

We have signed some contracts each of which have their own values, start and end dates. I need to be able to automatically calculate the revenue in respect of these dates.

What formulae is available to automatically calculate the below:

Kapil35_1-1698077568092.png

Many thanks

8 Replies

@Kapil35 

On row 3, you have the contract start on 15th October 2023 and end on 30th June 2024.

You list the first amount in Oct-23, but if that is correct, the duration should be 9 months:

Oct, Nov, Dec. Jan. Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun

And the amount should be 200,000/9.

Or do I miss something?

@Hans Vogelaar yes you are correct. Although the reason why the table finishes at March 2024 is because the company operates on a fiscal year, April to March.

@Kapil35 

Select E2.

Enter the formula

=IF(AND($B2<=EOMONTH(E$1,0),$C2>=E$1),$A2/$D2,"")

Fill to the right to P2, then down.

@Hans Vogelaar thank you so much this has worked a treat!

I do have another request though...

Where a contract has a value of £100,000 for a duration of 12 months and starts on 15/10/2023, I should only recognise 16 days of revenue i.e. (16/31)*(£100,000/12) = £4,301. Please advise, thanks!

@Kapil35 

But then the sum of the amounts would not be equal to the contract value anymore. Does that matter?

Ideally I would like the sum of the amounts to agree to the contract value. However, please show me the solution you have in mind.
best response confirmed by Kapil35 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Kapil35 

See the attached workbook. The amount per month depends on the actual number of days that fall within that month.

Thank you Hans, this is much appreciated!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kapil35 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Kapil35 

See the attached workbook. The amount per month depends on the actual number of days that fall within that month.

View solution in original post