Calculating Designated Date Ranges AND Company Holidays as days worked

Copper Contributor

Good afternoon Excel Experts! I am hoping someone can help me create a formula that will allow me to calculate company holidays as days worked, along with the days I designate as working days (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday). I have been able to calculate specific days worked by using the formula below: the =IF(ISBLANK(C26),"",NETWORKDAYS.INTL([@Column1],[@Column2],"1111000"))

Unfortunately, when I add holidays to this formula, it is excluding the holidays designated instead of including them like I want. Can someone please help me add to this formula to INCLUDE designated company holidays as a day worked?

3 Replies
I'm confused. Your formula above doesn't remove holidays, but if you add the holidays to the NETWORKDAYS it removes the holidays, but now you want to know how to include the holidays which is what you have right now in the formula above?

The formula I have above does not include the designated company holidays, which fall between Mon-Thurs. My current formula above only captures Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as days worked. I also want to capture the designated holidays for our company as days worked in the date range if it falls between the designated ranges entered.

I think what you are asking is to add in designated holidays that are NOT on those designated days (so include if the holiday is M,T,W,Th but not F, Sa, Su)? or also include if it is on Friday and count double? Or does your company have holidays designated on weekends too? and then include them?
There appears to be a bug/issue with the NETWORKDAYS.INTL formulas with holidays on weekend but set to different weekend or holidays on weekdays that are "weekends" for that formula.
That said if the holidays aren't on weekends (Sa-Su) then could you add then in separately using + NETWORKDAYS( start, end) - NETWORKDAYS( start, end, holidays)?