Advanced Slicer Help Please

Copper Contributor

I have her a datafile with all the data and figures copied and pasted from a public database to maintain corporate confidentiality. My question is rather straightforward. How can I create a slicer for each of our services instead of having a tab/sheet for each service based on the data table I created? 

Our high-level services categories (below) are what I want to be able to filter on a slicer to keep the report on one sheet with the other data hidden. The three consolidated services are as follow: 

1. Valuations

2. Brokerage 

3. Consulting 

Do I need to create connection tables?? I am new at the whole power query and relational tables concept so if someone could please "dumb it down" or find a better solution that would be great. I would love to learn how to do this--if someone could please help me I would be very grateful.  Thank you!

Extra Details if needed

Best,
Scott

24 Replies
Tried it all it doesn't seem to work. But I love what you accomplished and want to use it........
a coworker had a similar issue. something was configured such to not do updates.
How about trying it using excel in the browser (OneDrive / Sharepoint)
Okay that is a good idea. Thank you my friend.
No avail--online is terrible and riddled with useless (it not for power users nor does it work). If there was only a way to get it to work or if I can change out the formula with something else. I don't know anything but I can follow directions. I now pivot tables and little about power query and that it.

@Scott_Appleton_HSDPT  so if I'm correct and you do have LET() but not LAMBDA() then the (2) version of the attached sheet should work....

edit: I had to update the formula for the total columns too.