MS Edge Chromium "Recommended" policy settings is not applying

Copper Contributor

MS Edge Chromium "Recommended" policy settings is not applying but mandatory policy is getting update.We need recommended setting so user can over do it as per their wish

4 Replies

Rajprakash_0-1680708263597.png

This Recommended policy status is showing as Ok but not getting reflected in browser and where as Mandatory policy is getting applied

@Rajprakash 

@Rajprakash To confirm, once the HomepageLocation policy is set as recommended, what are the users trying to change?  Is it the homepage URL or can you provide more detail?

-Kelly  

I think I have the same problem. The settings are in "recommended" but I (user) can't update. It seems this is a known bug:

```
The recommended version of this policy does not currently work and functions exactly like the mandatory version.
```
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/DeployEdge/microsoft-edge-policies#newtabpagelocation

Any idea when this will be fixed. This is really annotying problem.

@MarceloGarcia2049 Hello - Here is a link to the policy description: Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation | Microsoft Learn

Here is a section from the policy description: 

Kelly_Y_0-1705961785595.png

Are you trying to change the home page URL or choose the behavior for the Home button?

-Kelly