Suggestion for Microsoft Edge on Android

Copper Contributor

Must have suggestion :
**1. Please bring Built in VPN (Also Desktop)
***2. Please add Powerful Download manager.
***3. Please add social media download option ( Ex. Facebook, Instagram... )
**4. Must confirm to Faster & Smooth Browsing Experience. (Also Desktop)
**5. Please bring Scan option Both ( Android + Desktop), so that we scan Desktop Edge browser and get all Bookmark & Password for android.

2 Replies

Asamalu Aleykum Br @Hossain_Shahriar 
Brother, you need to be a bit more "realistic" and understanding with some of your suggestions....
Now I don't use Android, but I can point out...

**1. Please bring Built in VPN (Also Desktop)
Now be realistic with this. You know, I know and everyone who knows about VPN's, knows that they are split into 3 services.
1. Paid for service - Everything from your NordVPN to your ExpressVPN to the new FirefoxVPN
2. Free, limited or ad supported - Everything from Hotspot shield free version to ProtonVPN to Opera's build in desktop browser VPN.
3. Free and open source and not limited- Just one category here, Tor, which allows you to access the so called "darkweb" and .onion web links by using it's browser. This technically is not a VPN in the same way as the others, but does provide a service which can make your internet browsing a bit more anonymous, it can help you access some blocked sites too. Always remember to seek out the legal wrangling in your country when using this.

Now when you look at these 3 services, there is no way that Microsoft are going to provide a VPN service in a Tommy Cooper esque "just like that!" service. I suggest for now, that you read up about the Tor project and if it's legal to use in your country. Then if you would like a alternative, then try the Opera browser, which is limited, but built in, and finally, ProtonVPN is open source, and they offer a free service which while limited, is  proper VPN unlike Tor, and maybe handy for visiting those odd websites. Just remember, there is usually a reason why these websites are blocked by your ISP via your government, perhaps because the content they offer is illegal or deemed damaging to your countries society.

***2. Please add Powerful Download manager.
With the lack of expansion of this suggestion, then God knows what you mean by this. 

***3. Please add social media download option ( Ex. Facebook, Instagram... )
As above, God knows what you mean by this! Your forgetting that Facebook and Instagram is not a internal service, i.e. not to do with Microsoft, and while they both offer open source content which can be used by anyone, it's not a Microsoft service. 

**4. Must confirm to Faster & Smooth Browsing Experience. (Also Desktop)
This is a ongoing process, as we know, Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will the browser! In some ways, we have to leave it up to the Chromium project as the core base of Edge is based on this, and in other ways, yes, we can make suggestions to Microsoft and here. If you have a unusual spike of high CPU when using Edge then perhaps this needs to be addressed and brought to attention but otherwise, this is a ongoing process. Remember that, there are 3 versions of the Edge browser on desktop and some of them may have bug fixes that the others don't have, especially the dev and canary versions, but also the standard releases will be more stable, so they might have less bugs overall. Also remember that flags can be turned on and off in order to change the browser in various ways, if you wish to try things yoursel, although at this time, it may not be the best option...

So you have two options, pick the most stable version, or pick the most experimental version. The former maybe more stable overall, the latter could have particular bugs fixed or of had improvements.

**5. Please bring Scan option Both ( Android + Desktop), so that we scan Desktop Edge browser and get all Bookmark & Password for android.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Edge browser already syncs in with the mobile browser. There are a few sync options which are not available at the moment, like history and open tabs, but passwords are already doing this. If your having a problem with the syncing of passwords, then this needed to be addressed, and as a short term option, you can export your passwords and then import them into edge.

Just reading your question makes me think, are you sure your talking about the new Microsoft Edge based on the Chromium engine and not getting mixed up with the Edge which is now referred to as a "legacy version"? This legacy version will soon be replaced with the chromium version.

I hope some of this helps, but please brother, you need to expand on some areas and gain some more knowledge on how things work, there seems to be a misunderstanding in some of your questions which shows you may need to up your knowledge first.

Amin.

@Hossain_Shahriar 

Use VPN extensions, there is no need to have a built in VPN. any browser that has it such as Opera is not doing you a favor, they have access to your data, plus they are slow as turtle.

Download manager is powerful already, just needs some tweaks

social media downloads are against terms of service of those websites such as YouTube, Instagram etc so you have to find extension or other ways to do what you want to do.

if those websites wanted you to download their content easily, they would have put a download button themselves.

Edge is fast, maybe check your connection?

Import/export is available in Edge settings. edge://settings/importData

between desktop and Android you have to use Sync.