Dev Channel update to 114.0.1823.10 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing build 114.0.1823.10 to the Dev channel, which includes a variety of fixes. Mobile devices will get the Dev update at a later date. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below. In case you missed it, we got a blog post about the next wave of AI and a YouTube video of What’s New in DevTools 112.

Announcing the next wave of AI innovation with Microsoft Bing and Edge

Microsoft Edge | What's New in DevTools 112 - YouTube

Added features:  

• Added auto name suggestion on Tab Group (for all languages)

Improved reliability:  

• Fixed browser crash when clicking on the Workspaces share button in certain scenarios.
  • Fixed browser crash when clicking Allow permission notifications on certain websites in the Sidebar.
  • Fixed browser crash when changing site permissions from the Sidebar.
  • Fixed browser crash when pressing the F6 key after pressing CTRL + F.
  • macOS:
    • Fixed unable to launch the browser.

Changed behavior: 

• Fixed the Settings link for Secure Network not working from the InPrivate window.
  • Fixed the Close button on any opened app sidebar pane not working after hiding the app from the toolbar.
  • Fixed unable to open the Workspaces window.
  • macOS:
    • Fixed Discover shortcut keys not working.
  • iOS:
    • Fixed Added to $1 message issue when adding a page to favorites.
  • Android:
    • Fixed Replace Screenshot button not working in the Help and feedback.
    • Fixed Site display settings keep switching back to Show desktop site as default.
    • Fixed Dark mode not working.
  • WebView2:
    • Profile GeneralAutofill/PasswordAutosave API has now been promoted from the experimental stage to public.
  • Enterprise:
    • Fixed Send to Drop button still available when it’s disabled by policy on iOS.

See an issue that you think might be a bug? Remember to send that directly through the in-app feedback by heading to the ... menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback and include diagnostics so the team can investigate. 

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

14 Replies

@Eric_E There is an issue in which I sent feedback for that needs to be fixed. Pictures that are dark in color leave a weird blue film/overlay, and it looks bad. I believe this is also a stable version issue. If anyone else has seen this before, please let me know.

@Eric_E 能不能把字体显示异常的bug修复一下?
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/dev-channel-update-to-114-0-1793-0-is-live/m-p/38...
正式版的edge没问题,chorme也没问题。

@Eric_E Still annoyed by the Finnish translation of the announcements. The text says to use the button "Muuta yhteenvetoa" to get more information, the button says "Yhteenveto muutoksista". Obviously both are translations of "Change Summary", but the first one is the wrong Finnish phrase in this context. It reads like a command, "Change the summary!". The second translation "Yhteenveto muutoksista" is the correct one that should be used in both places.
I guess this demonstrates the limitations of machine translation.
I have complained about this before. It got changed for one cycle, but the problem soon came back.

@Eric_E Again, the right click menu for links doesn't show copy link text which is quite frustrating when you only want copy text. The vertical tabs empty space after new tab button cannot be drag and drop which is a major loss of productivity.

@Eric_E Also how to hide the microsoft rewards stuffs from the profile switching just it took a lots of space and pushed other profiles to the bottom. 

@Eric_E I would strongly suggest to put games out of the settings and more drop down to make it less cluttered. 

vertical tabs can't be used on MacOS when in full screen, which is really inconvenient.  Can you fix this problem please?:cry: @Eric_E 

It looks like the profile photo/button has moved from the upper left, back to where it was originally on the toolbar. I kinda liked it up in the upper left, where the workspaces button still is.

@Eric_E There is no way to turn off rounded tabs corners on mac os :unamused_face: Enabling edge://flags/#edge-visual-rejuv-rounded-tabs doesn't help, this option just doesn't appear in settings 

@Eric_E There is an issue with link copying and pasting formating. Sometimes the link only gets embedded in the last parenthesis. It's the case in particular for arxiv.org. 

@Eric_E my whole family loves this browser - just curious though:

1. Are any of these crash fixes related to the right click stall crashes which occur in more memory-hungry sites? As much as we love how feature-rich MS has made its flavor of Chromium, I've never had a browser crash as much as Edge does...even in Stable/Main builds. I think it might be related to the spelling/grammar checker.
  2. Can we have unlimited history retention? It would also be super appreciated if MS could write/implement a way to work around the 3-month history limit arbitrarily imposed by Chromium core devs, since I never delete my history and use it for research - Firefox does this by default.
  3. Can we please allow for the reordering of sidebar sites/apps? I don't like having work & entertainment apps mixed together accidentally.
  4. Can we have unlimited workspace colors? The current palette is pretty blah and some colors look uggo in my opinion. Would be cool to have a color picker and "commonly used colors" section.

But seriously, thanks for such an awesome browsing experience. And trust that this is something I never thought I'd say to MS ;)

It appears the crashing when closing an InPrivate window issue has been resolved.
There is an issue with my edge browser. with the new update it seems to keep crashing everytime I enter full-screen mode.
I am using an M1 mac book pro

@Eric_E I just submitted a detailed bug report regarding Edge Web Select (CTRL SHIFT X) on desktop platform, Windows. I hope the team will reproduce and investigate ASAP. The details were sent via in the in-app feedback. The summary is: Edge Web Select looks like it scroll-selects a long list, but when choosing Copy, then pasting into notepad or Word, only the viewable area was actually copied (not the whole list as expected). A pretty major bug potentially. Thank you.