"Email to myself" feature not containing link

Brass Contributor

Under Edge's Share options, when clicking "Email to myself" to send the current website link, an Outlook  page with the mail concept opens up but it does not contain the link, which defeats the purpose of the feature. Only the subject field contains the website's name.

Anyone else noticing this?

5 Replies

@JohnnyGui 

Hi, this is how it has been working for a long time = if you have enabled sync in Edge - on all computers it is the associated devices with a Microsoft account that have a message in the action center and only there you can see it.
Outlook. there is nothing to it.

@A1 

It's not the sync feature but the "Email to myself" feature (appears when clicking Edge's Share icon) which should email a link to yourself, but it does not.

For some reason, it now works normally and the email does contain links. Not sure what the culprit was.

@JohnnyGui 

I have never added an email address to this feature and I can send any site to selected computers associated with my account, so it works, but now I checked that you can add an Outlook address to sync with Edge and it works too.:)

@A1 

Weird, I just had the issue once again. It seems to be random. Sometimes the mail concept just doesn't contain the shared link and sometimes it does. 

Please Alt+Shift+I, provide feedback and diagnostic data.