Most Pointless Browser Ever

Copper Contributor

This browser is by far the worst I have ever used. May be called Edge because it's on the edge of extinction.

Take me back to Netscape Navigator.

This is without any doubt the absolute slowest browser ever designed. Get rid of all the extra crap that nobody wants or needs.

If this browser could be removed I would do so. I am going to switch to Chrome and I hate it almost as much.

4 Replies
I understand that you're encountering frustrations with Microsoft Edge. Transitioning to a different browser like Chrome can indeed be a viable solution if you're dissatisfied with Edge. However, before making the switch, it's worth considering a few practical solutions that may address the issues you're experiencing. Here are some steps you can try:

1. Clear browsing data: Over time, accumulated cache, cookies, and history can slow down the browser. Open Edge's settings, locate the "Privacy, search, and services" section, and choose "Choose what to clear" to remove unnecessary data.
2. Disable unnecessary extensions: Extensions can sometimes impact browser performance. Go to the "Extensions" menu in Edge's settings and disable any extensions you don't use or need.
3. Update Edge: Ensure you're using the latest version of Edge. Updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements. You can check for updates in the "About Microsoft Edge" section of the settings.
4. Reset Edge settings: If the browser's performance remains poor, you can try resetting its settings to default. This action will remove any customization but may help resolve underlying issues. Look for the "Reset settings" option in the settings menu.
5. Provide feedback: Microsoft values user feedback and actively works on improving Edge. Consider providing your specific feedback through the browser's settings or Microsoft's support channels. This can help them address the issues you're facing in future updates.

@familieslife1 

Just to be clear I am Computer Systems Technologist, MCSE, A+ Network+ Security Systems+,  Computer Professional. Trust me when I tell you that you preaching to the absolutely wrong choir.

Edge is an overhyped browser that is the epitome of a super-slow browser. It's gotten to the point that if I am doing research I just use my Ipad and Safari. I have 1GB internet connection but Edge makes me think I'm using dial-up.

@Technobody 

Thank you for clarifying your professional background; I apologize if my previous response seemed to overlook your expertise or implied that you should stick with Microsoft Edge against your professional judgment, however I was not aware of your background prior to this.

I completely understand you have specific needs and preferences when it comes to browsers, and it's perfectly valid to choose the one that works best for you. 

Please know that my intention was not to pressure you into keeping Edge or disregard your expertise. I only wanted to provide some potential solutions in case you were open to troubleshooting the issues you mentioned.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm here to help and ensure a respectful and civil conversation.

Regards,

familieslife1

@Technobody 

Hi, Team Edge - waiting for valuable feedback ( Alt + Shift + I ) Critical comments help to improve the product - your comparisons are fun and too general and do not add anything interesting!