Dev Channel update to 119.0.2116.0 is live

Microsoft

Welcome back! We released build 119.0.2116.0 to the Dev channel! This includes numerous fixes. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below.

Added features:

• Added a setting to show or remove the generic sidebar icon from the toolbar.
  • Added session restore & tab restore for split screen.
  • Added translate button on PDF toolbar.
  • Added passwords and autofill in more menu for Wallet new entry.
  • Added modal mentioning privacy and latency of exporting history.

Improved reliability:  

• Fixed a crash in the render process when navigating to edge://settings.
  • Fixed a crash when printing PDF.
  • iOS: Fixed a crash in feeds when switching between the InPrivate tab and the normal tab.
  • Android: Fixed a crash when showing color is enabled but color is empty.

Changed behavior:

• Fixed tab section header color and updated tooltip with last updated time.
  • Fixed an issue where "Price lower than usual" doesn't appear after refreshing the page, unless switched between tabs.
  • Fixed the issue where vertical tabs are not visible when opened in IE mode.
  • Fixed the issue when 'Search tabs' option is not working when user clicks on tab action menu.
  • Fixed Apps Hub 'install site as app' section not responding to theme color changes.
  • Fixed overflowing tab title text, multi-select issue and tab interior padding.
  • Mac: Fixed PWA title bar height.
  • iOS:
    • Fixed display of unnecessary sync error banner.
    • Fixed the issue when 'Tab center' cannot be displayed completely in landscape.
  • Android:
    • Fixed display of shopping icon in the middle of the address bar.
    • Fixed 'tab group' related colors.

See an issue that you think might be a bug? Remember to send that directly through the in-app feedback by heading to the ... menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback and include diagnostics so the team can investigate.

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

~Sweta

6 Replies
  • Added translate button on PDF toolbar.

Tried a number of PDFs but do not see this.

Additionally, for every PDF I have tried the "Translate selection" right click option is also greyed out.

still can't open this page when the update is done? clicking what's new and tips takes me to the downlaod page. make absolutely no sense.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/download/insider?form=MA13FJ
Every time I restart the browser I lose all my authenticated sessions: google, github, microsoft, etc. I have to sign in to everything again, both personal profile and work profile. This has been happening for the past few weeks now. At first I thought it was related to the weekly Dev updates, but now I realize it's any restart; updates are just the most common time for me to restart the browser.

Is this behavior expected? Did something change? Is there a setting I should be looking at? Thanks!

@g_keramidas 
And in a similar vein, this update page seems woefully behind the times: https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/welcome/update?channel=dev

I want Edge workspaces on mobile.
Not seeing this in 119.0.2132.0 either.