Dev Channel update to 117.0.2033.0 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing build 117.0.2033.0 to the Dev channel, which includes small fixes and one feature for macOS and Linux. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below.

Collaborating with the Office Performance team for better web performance tools - Microsoft Edge Blo...

Added features:  

•  History Thumbnail feature is now also available on macOS and Linux.

Changed behavior: 

• Fixed Workspaces share dialog not rendering in certain scenarios.
  • Fixed the restore tabs only restore the left side tabs of the split screen.
  • Fixed Show me suggestions from history, favorites and other data on this device using my typed characters setting is still active even when it’s turned off.
  • Fixed STATUS_BREAKPOINT and STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION errors when visiting certain websites.
  • Fixed icons overlapping in menus and Favorites.
  • Enterprise:
    • Fixed GoToIntranetSiteForSingleWordEntryInAddressBar policy not working correctly.

See an issue that you think might be a bug? Remember to send that directly through the in-app feedback by heading to the ... menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback and include diagnostics so the team can investigate.

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

12 Replies

@Eric_E 

Edge android canary for Samsung tablet is still crashing.  There's also tab visibility issue. Screenshot.  Thanks

@Eric_E is there a way to revert to the old saved custom personal info on Dev? I tried to look at the wallet feature and now it seems to have lost all my saved custom info and not transferred inside of Wallet and cannot go back to the old screen in regular settings only redirects to "Wallet" for personal info, despite disabling the new look wallet flag in edge://flags.

Nvidia RTX Video Super resolution is still broken. No combination of Flags/settings for Edge's Super Resolution fixes the issue. Please don't push out a competing upscaling technology to force users to use Edge's version.

@Eric_E Any updates on the title bar color being all gray? It's very tiring to not being able to easily distinguish active tabs with all the color now being monochrome compared to where it used to be the title bar would follow system appearance color.

This update used too much GPU when playing video. Anyone like me? 🥱 

Not sure if it's Bing or Edge acting up, but the Bing Chat sidebar no longer functions after this update on Windows. Bing will still give me instant summaries for pages and documents, but every single message sent results in the "Sorry, looks like something went wrong" message. The chat still works normally when accessed through the web.

@cqdemal  I don't know. I'm on Edge Canary and Bing Chat (and it's bar) works perfect (on Windows 11 Canary Channel Build of Windows I'm on.) No issues at all. Maybe it's just this Dev version or just your end. Right now I just use Edge Canary and Chromiumn (with a self built auto updater tied into Task Scheduler.) Edge Canary being my primary browser. 

@Eric_E Something happened with the color of the panel, the tabs should be light gray, and everything else is dark. Need to fix.

DmytroTech_0-1692517293837.png

Pinned tabs no longer function properly in vertical tab mode. If you have more than one tab pinned, you can only actually select the first one. Hovering over the 2nd or 3rd+ will just highlight the first unpinned tab. If the entire pane is pinned, then you can suddenly pick a pinned tab that isn't the first one.

and of course, since this is a major version change, I risk trashing my profile if I downgrade...nice streak going for breaking basic functionality with every major update :D
I'm having the same thing. In 'horizontal' mode it works fine.
I don't why developers always forget about tab user

What happened to global media controls? The toolbar button is missing. Please enable a keyboard shortcut