Dev Channel update to 119.0.2109 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! We released build 119.0.2109 to the Dev channel! This includes numerous fixes. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below. 

New updates for Snipping Tool and Phone Link begin rolling out to Windows Insiders - Microsoft Edge ... 

Added features: 

• Added support for installing Wallet as a progress web app (PWA). 
  • Added a generic sidebar icon to the toolbar in case of Bing chat being disabled. 
  • Allow ‘tab to sleep option’, even when automatic sleeping tabs is disabled. 
  • Enabled closing the side pane if user navigates in same tab or open any other URL if side pane is already opened. 
  • Added a toggle for enabling or disabling screenshots capture for history. 

Improved reliability:   

• Fixed a browser crash when clicking back button in split screen. 
  • Fixed a browser crash when using ‘find on page’ and then clicking on sidebar search box. 
  • Fixed a crash with microphone permissions in skype chat pane when invoked from hub icon. 
  • Android: Fixed a Bing SDK related crash 
  • Fixed a browser crash in NTP page when clicking on address bar. 
  • Mac: Fixed a crash when dev tools window enters full screen. 
  • iOS: Fixed a shopping crash 

Changed behavior: 

• Improved high contrast text colors for a number of settings. 
  • Fixed Launch Source time format function. 
  • Fixed web dialog position calculation for vertical split situation 
  • Fixed toggle button showing same color for on and off states in GMC (Global Media Controls) dialog box. 
  • Android: Fixed a bug that caused the divider line to disappear in Omnibox. 
  • Fixed a bug when clicking tab suggestion to opened tab 

See an issue that you think might be a bug? Remember to send that directly through the in-app feedback by heading to the ... menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback and include diagnostics so the team can investigate. 

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds. 

~Sweta

5 Replies

@sweta_bandodker 

When upgrading to this build, and this happened last week too, I seem to be losing authentication cookies or something. On both my personal and work profiles, I lose my Google signin and have to sign in again, 2FA and the whole bit. Microsoft account too, I think. This never used to happen. Is this behavior expected?

I am on MacOS 13.5.2, Intel chip. 

@sweta_bandodker 

According to MS tech in this thread, the fix for blurred issue that affected numerous users should be included in this DEV release. But release note mentions nothing about the blur problem. Is the fix still coming?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/browser-getting-blurred-frequently-windo...

Thx

@stevexyz I also got this error, 

still contain this issue with there versions:

• v117(Stable),
  • v118 (Beta)

However, when I tried with the Dev version (currently is 119.0.2109.1 ), logging again with Google account and other 3rd providers and quitting Edge completely (Force Quit), then opened it again, the login session was still valid.

It seems that this error only occurs on MacOS, both Intel & ARM (I am using M1 Pro).

Hope Microsoft will bring this patch asap.

I've been having this issue as well, has any fix been implemented?
I am also got this issue, however this DEV release (v119.0.2109) already solved, I'm trying to find the release note about this but can not found. (v117 and v118 still get this error)