Dev Channel update to 115.0.1880.1 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing build 115.0.1880.1 to the Dev channel, which includes a variety of fixes and new features. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below.  Two new YouTube videos about shopping.

Microsoft Edge l Make the best purchase decision with helpful AI tools - YouTube

Microsoft Edge l How will you shop and save with Edge? - YouTube

Added features:  

• History now has the option to display thumbnail images.
  • iOS:
    • Added Exit InPrivate mode button.
  • Android:
    • Added Save to album option to menu in Drop.

Improved reliability:  

• Fixed browser crash when allowing permission to Microphone access.
  • Fixed browser crash when clicking on Send feedback button on Sidebar.
  • macOS:
    • Fixed browser crash when playing video in full screen.

Changed behavior: 

• Re-added shortcut Ctrl + Shift + X for Web select.
  • Fixed PDF keeps opening last page even when PDF view settings for last viewed location is disabled.
  • Fixed certain websites not rendering correctly.
  • Android:
    • Fixed certain websites displaying something went wrong error message.
  • WebView2:
    • Fixed initializing the CoreWebView2Environment throws SystemArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form when using assembly merging (#3428)
    • Fixed CoreWebView2WebMessageReceivedEventArgs.AdditionalObjects throws a Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException exception (#3474)
  • Enterprise:
    • Fixed sharing PDF file not working after it is downloaded from SharePoint on iOS.
    • VisualSearchEnabled policy is now available for all platforms.

See an issue that you think might be a bug? Remember to send that directly through the in-app feedback by heading to the ... menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback and include diagnostics so the team can investigate. 

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

57 Replies
Same here
I upgraded and I feel that Edge consumes more RAM than it should normally consume. Also I don't understand the removal of the rounded tabs, honestly it was one of the features I liked the most and I don't understand the reason for removing it and it's not mentioned in this post either. Also sometimes the browser closes for no reason after the update.

Is it possible to return or leave the choice of the previous design of the tabs (rounded)? As for me, the main difference from the same Chrome.@Eric_E 

@Eric_E Uninstall and reinstall fixed the crashing issue for me

@formula155 after doing the Uninstall and Reinstall, it worked for me... Right up till I did a Reboot. Now it seems to be right back to where it was previously: Crashing at ever run.

So will do the uninstall and reinstall but NO reboot as that worked yesterday for me.

Uninstall, Reinstall with NO REBOOT and now Edge DEV is working for now
yes now work

@Eric_E i have version 115.0.1880.3 The window of devtools does not move with the mouse and missing the bar with the closing icons and reduce to icon

Rambaldi1560_0-1685794698870.png

I love the previous UI with rounded tabs not touch the url bar. Please tell me how can I roll back to the previous version. Thanks

@Rambaldi1560 where is the Microsoft post or update for 1880.3?

Im afraid to click on the about screen for fear of doing the auto update. 

for me --disable-gpu did work, then the black window on startup is fine.

It doesn't matter which of the 2 gpu's i trie (intel or nvidia) both have the same black window problem, only disable the gpu works for me.
autoupdate... now work

Hi @Jeremiah-V,

the --disable-features=msEnhancedTextContrast didn§t work in my case. So I used it with --disable-gpu and Edge works. But strange is that EDGE works now without any additional startup parameters.

@Eric_E 

This is a problem which appears in Edge Dev, but not in Edge. Google Maps fails to render properly, and also zooming stutters, it's not smooth. In the included screenshot, Edge Dev is on the left, Edge on the right. Notice the incorrect rendering of the left sidebar, and the absence of other UI elements.

001-13u24.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a way to force Edge to put the title bars on every window? This is a recent issue in the last two builds I think.

I am having this issue with some websites - as you can see there is no way to close this opened window except with CTRL-W.

sluzbenik_0-1686345335998.png

Very difficult to test this build because it has been causing frequent crashes on eCommerce sites like Amazon etc. Usually the crash occurs after the site has rendered the page, but before I am able to scroll and browse it. Going to try disabling edge://flags/#edge-enhance-text-contrast as mentioned earlier to see if that resolves my issue.

And sadly no, crashes still happen even with edge://flags/#edge-enhance-text-contrast set to disabled.

The crash after Amazon loads is very easily reproducible on my end. Does not happen with the normal version of Edge, only the Dev build.

ok build: 115.0.1901.5 does fix my problem, i dont need to disabled my gpu anymore