Dev Channel update to 115.0.1880.1 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing build 115.0.1880.1 to the Dev channel, which includes a variety of fixes and new features. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below.  Two new YouTube videos about shopping.

Microsoft Edge l Make the best purchase decision with helpful AI tools - YouTube

Microsoft Edge l How will you shop and save with Edge? - YouTube

Added features:  

• History now has the option to display thumbnail images.
  • iOS:
    • Added Exit InPrivate mode button.
  • Android:
    • Added Save to album option to menu in Drop.

Improved reliability:  

• Fixed browser crash when allowing permission to Microphone access.
  • Fixed browser crash when clicking on Send feedback button on Sidebar.
  • macOS:
    • Fixed browser crash when playing video in full screen.

Changed behavior: 

• Re-added shortcut Ctrl + Shift + X for Web select.
  • Fixed PDF keeps opening last page even when PDF view settings for last viewed location is disabled.
  • Fixed certain websites not rendering correctly.
  • Android:
    • Fixed certain websites displaying something went wrong error message.
  • WebView2:
    • Fixed initializing the CoreWebView2Environment throws SystemArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form when using assembly merging (#3428)
    • Fixed CoreWebView2WebMessageReceivedEventArgs.AdditionalObjects throws a Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException exception (#3474)
  • Enterprise:
    • Fixed sharing PDF file not working after it is downloaded from SharePoint on iOS.
    • VisualSearchEnabled policy is now available for all platforms.

See an issue that you think might be a bug? Remember to send that directly through the in-app feedback by heading to the ... menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback and include diagnostics so the team can investigate. 

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

57 Replies
I have the same issue
not working :(

@Eric_E I can't see anything after this update. Windows 11.

If I move my mouse to the top right-hand corner, I can still interact with the window controls, but I can't see anything.

edge dev.png

THANK YOU!!!

@agpt8 To get your rounded tabs back after your reinstall, did you try the "Try the new look of Microsoft Edge"? 

Turn on "Try the new look of Microsoft Edge"Turn on "Try the new look of Microsoft Edge"

I have all PWA installed with dev, not works anymore. :(

@tonyzxcv adding --no-experiments is not working for me. any other suggestions?

On one of my laptops, I'm also getting the black screen problem. This is an older laptop with both Intel integrated graphics and an Nvidia P500. Neither of the GPU options work; both give me a black screen. The --disable-gpu and the --no-experiments command line options don't work either and I get a black screen either way. The "Uninstall" option in the Settings app and Control Panel doesn't work, because the Edge uninstaller uses Edge, which cannot render the window. Where is the settings file stored? That's the only way I can see to disable the offending flag, because the command line options just don't work.

This black screen problem was reported in Canary last week and was never truly fixed. Whatever experiment with GPU acceleration is being done here needs a rework, because it's clearly breaking installs without effective workarounds.
This was already on for me. I restarted the system and waited a bit and the rounded tabs were back on. Everything looks good currently.

Update: Our engineers are currently investigating the problem regarding Dev/Canary not rendering properly or crashing. A fix has been implemented and it appears to have resolved the issue for some users. However, we understand that there are still individuals encountering this problem. If the current workaround provided here is not effective for you, please follow these steps:

1. Close all instances of "msedge.exe" by killing the processes.
  2. Add the following command line argument to the "msedge.exe" executable: "msedge.exe --disable-features=msEnhancedTextContrast".
  3. Launch the browser again.
  4. In the address bar, enter "edge://flags/#edge-enhance-text-contrast".
  5. Select either "default" or "disable".
Also in version 115.0.1866.1 there was a problem with the devtools that could not be moved and there are no more close and minimizing icons

@Jeremiah-V 

The issue I have with edge-enhance-text-contrast is that Hardware Acceleration is on.

I can have that flag set to enable and disable my hardware acceleration and everything works fine.

But the moment I enable hardware acceleration it will stop working and get a black screen. 

Might want to pass this info on to the engineering team as well too.

Rounded corner feature does not work in the new version

@Jeremiah-V 

I have added --disable-features=msEnhancedTextContrast to the target in the short cut.

Now I face just having a Blank Black Screen when opening Edge DEV.

This version is crashing after a few seconds... :(
I finally got this method to work.
and then the update to 1880.1 is now working without error.
Not sure what changed on Microsoft side but its working going this route.
Thanks

I tried the Fixes in the threads but they did not work,

Is it posible for you to make 115.0.1880.2 that works.

Thanks, Neil

After removing MS Edge dev from the apps and reinstall from the site it is working, only missing the nice, rounded tabs... Luckily all profiles were kept ;)

@Paul_VC no they're not, I have the "Consumer" version installed. The only way to get a "version specific" installer for Edge is from the Business site. Afterwards, you'll have to Win+R, services.msc, and then disable these two to keep it from updating itself to an unusable version.

abdelfattah_0-1685657354448.png

Also if you open any edge:// URLs like Settings, be prepared for a bunch of UAC prompts to nag you as it attempts to oh my god I need to update myself nownownownow.

I'm this close to setting up a domain controller in a VM just so I can join AD and disable Edge updates...

For SOME weird reason, rounded tabs is a deal breaker for me. This was very helpful to know, thank you!!!!