Dev 98.0.1108.15 theme problems

Brass Contributor

Hello,

Today I installed 98.0.1108.15 on the dev channel in Windows 10 (21H2) and noticed two problems related to themes.

The first problem:

The default theme does not take on the system-wide accent colors as pre-configured in System settings  (Colors | Windows colors). I have a blue color accent set, but Edge takes on a default grey accent.

The second problem, installing a Chrome store custom theme does not apply. Installing a theme, and selecting off it makes the newly installed theme vanish. At no point can the theme apply. Perhaps this is a known issue?

5 Replies
I'm having this same problem. This is ridiculous, every single update my custom themes are ruined. Microsoft we need a fix, I can't use my custom theme and the default colors are too bright and an eyesore.

Hello,

The same here (stable, Build 97.0.1072.55).

I've tried to find a DARK custom theme where at "Systemstandard" the scrollbar in the vertical Tab-Pane remains visible. Difficult to find, but once found and installed it is deleted when Edge is to be restarted. No way to install it as a permanent Theme. Very annoying!

The problem with the original Edge dark themes (like e.g. Moonshine-Glowing) is that the tiny scrollbar in the vertical Tab-Pane turns BLACK and as such is nearly invisible. Only if "Systemstandard" is preset to Dark the scrollbar is Blue and as such clearly visible. But a Dark "Systemstandard" is certainly not everybodies preferred choice.

Cheers, Benno

@AaronMT 

Hey folks! Thanks for reporting this, and sorry for the delay in reply. I just wanted to confirm the fix for this went out in Canary/Dev version 99.0.1130.0 and Beta 98.0.1108.27! If you've updated to the latest Canary/Dev and are still seeing problems with themes, please let me know. 

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Discuss Stable features and issues on the answers.microsoft.com forums, join us on Twitter, or join the communities over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

@Alexandra-R

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply to Aaron.

Sorry to say that the problem(s) are not solved in my build (99.0.1135.5 (official build) dev (64-Bit) ).

1. Custom themes still cannot be installed permanently. They disappear from the themes-list after changing back to standard theme.
  2. With Overall appearance set to System Default the Scroll bar on Vertical Tab-Pane is still nearly invisible if a dark theme (like Moonshine Glow) is selected. The scrollbar is Black!
  3. Also the scrollbar on the Vertical Tab-Pane is much too small. Difficult to focus on (see screenshot below).

Themes.JPG

Cheers, Benno

This issue still exists for the latest stable and dev builds of edge, including themes from Microsoft.