Close tabs to the left

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm using Edge now as my main browser for a few weeks, Beta build on one device and Stable on the other. It is a great experience so far, but there is one feature I miss a lot that the browser I used before (Vivaldi) offers: Close tabs to the left of the tab you right-clicked.

Close tabs to the right is already in Edge. Why not give us the other way?

In my "workflow" of browsing the internet, I often build up more and more tabs and I am used to cut after some time and just close all the tabs that were opened before a certain point and have become irrelevant.

1 Reply

@martinriemann 

Hi there, you are welcome to the Microsoft Edge Insider Community!

I was also thinking the same some days ago when I saw thie close tabs to the right feature for the first time in Edge but I forgot to suggest it so thank you for bringing it back to my mind.

It is ideal that new tabs open to the right and old tabs remain on the left and when I am done with the old tabs, I have to close them one-by-one manually and if we have the close tabs to the left feature, then we can close the old tabs with just two-clicks.

I would recommend you and to users who like this suggestion to send this feedback through the in-app feedback tool (Alt+Shift+I) in Microsoft Edge which will give this suggestion a +1.