SOLVED

Office365 network tool fails at advanced test 18

Copper Contributor

I've been trying to run the Office 365 Network Onboarding tool on a number of PC's all with local admin permissions.

It keeps on failing at test 18 (last completed is test 17) The error message is:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I've searched the net but haven't been able to find anything about this. I've tried it on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Both with Edge and IE and the result is the same on all.Screen Shot 02-10-20 at 08.55 PM.PNG

Has anyone seen this before and been able to solve it?

6 Replies

@MauriceC Hello ,

I got same error. Tested on few machines on different network and I have the same result !

I am also receiving the same error.

Same error :sad: 

I've given it another try today to see what I would be able to troubleshoot but it's actually working at the moment.

Didn't change anything so there might have been an update to the software as it did download something before the run started.

best response confirmed by MauriceC (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MauriceC [Edited] There was a change posted on Friday that caused this. It was resolved the download was updated this morning. You should not see this any longer.

Regards,

Paul

@Paul Andrew I can confirm that it works. Had a go earlier today (a few to be honest) and all good now.

Thanks.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MauriceC (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MauriceC [Edited] There was a change posted on Friday that caused this. It was resolved the download was updated this morning. You should not see this any longer.

Regards,

Paul

View solution in original post