Image upload works for personal but not workplace accounts "The file couldn't be uploaded."

Copper Contributor

I'm seeing the same issues as the people in the linked thread and support recommended posting in this forum so I'm starting a thread here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/error-when-upload-image-in-copilot-applicaito...

As you can see from the screenshots below, I'm still able to replicate the concerns of the original poster. When I'm logged into my personal Microsoft account, I can upload the same photo that is unable to be processed on my workplace account.

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to use my personal account for business purposes due to workplace policy so I'm unable to use one of Copilot's best features. I already reached out to my IT department and they advised that this was a Microsoft problem so they couldn't provide any further help. Any suggestions?

CopilotPersonalAccount.jpgCopilotBusinessAccount.jpg

5 Replies
Just a suggestion, try uploading the image in Microsoft Edge sidebar (Copilot icon)?
Ideally it should work in the sidebar, can you try to below steps if it doesn't work please raise a case with Microsoft Support team;
Open Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots in the top right corner to open the menu.
Select Settings and then Sidebar from the left column.
Under App and notification settings, go to the App specific settings and choose Copilot.
Turn off the toggle for Show Copilot.
Close Microsoft Edge browser and re-open the browser then enable Show Copilot again
Thank you Ankur, I did it but I guess a ticket needs to be created :( :)
Thanks for the suggestions everyone - however, the problem randomly fixed itself about a day after I posted this discussion thread...