Application disappear after logoff with FSlogix.

Brass Contributor

Hello all,

I have seen few blogs and suggestions about users complain about MS store applications go missing/disappear using fslogix profile containers, we are also facing similar issue.

tried couple of suggestions around to exclude  "%localappdata%\packages" using redirections.xml, sadly it didn't work for my environment.

Tried a alternate way which I managed to fix it in our environment, so sharing it here,  if anyone facing the issue can try in their test environment and check.

Steps-

1. Install any application from MS store- I choose "Whatsapp" (which it keeps disappearing after logoff/login with fslogix profile container).

2. get the appx name of the whatsapp using PS- Get-AppxPackage | Where-Object {$_.Name -like "*WhatsApp*"} or you can navigate in cmd> c:\programfiles\windowsapps\

NKC25_0-1646045683940.png

3. copy the package name

4. Open registry editor- 

Now we have to create two keys and strings under below path.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\appxalluserstore 

Navigate to above path.

5. Create a new key with the "package name" and create a string name = Path Value= C:\programfiles\windowsapps\packagename\appxmanifest.xml

Similar way, modify the registry under user sid folder

Try in your test environment first and share your feedback

Reference - https://blog.itprocloud.de/The-secret-about-disappearing-appx-UWP-applications-in-an-environment-usi... 

in the above link Marcel, mentioned to create the registry key only, not the path of xml.

May be just creating a key might have worked for few.

And I tried in both Allusers/user sid.

Waiting for a permanent solution from MS on this issue.

1 Reply
Worked for me with only needing the registry key