SOLVED

Placing Elements in exact distance from left side of the page in a report

Copper Contributor

Hello,

in Access i have a report with sub-reports.

now i need to place the subreport exactly in a distance of 22 mm from left page (not the margin).

And there should by no margin in the report, so that the text of the subreport starts exactly in a distance of 22 mm from the page left side.

I printed the report and than measured the distance and moved the subreport by the right number of twips but it will not fit as i want.

Normally there should be an easy way to place the elements in an absolute position with respect to start of the page and not the margin, but i can not figure out how.

Any help is welcome   

2 Replies
best response confirmed by MikkoRiese (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Report have minimum margins. You'll need to set the left margin to that minimum and adjust your absolute position accordingly. If your desired absolute position is less than that minimum, maybe you'll need to rethink that desired absolute position.

Thanks for the quick answer.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MikkoRiese (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Report have minimum margins. You'll need to set the left margin to that minimum and adjust your absolute position accordingly. If your desired absolute position is less than that minimum, maybe you'll need to rethink that desired absolute position.

View solution in original post