Manufacturing Inventory Report

Copper Contributor

Hi all-

I'm pretty new to the whole Access/DB scene, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and I don't have all the time in the world to try and fix this problem myself.  We are trying to do an inventory count soon, so I used the inventory database template included with access to try and get me up and running quickly.  We store parts on racks.  There are multiple different sections of racks for different purposes. I'm the electrician, so I am using the 5 racks by me for testing purposes.  Each rack has multiple shelves.  Each shelf has multiple bins/drawers.  Not sure if a report is even the right way to go about this, but that's why I'm here.  I added fields for Rack, Shelf, and Bin to the inventory table.  I entered "Electrical" in the location field on each record, as the number scheme for different locations restarts at each location (Electrical 1, Parts room 1, etc.).I then entered the appropriate Rack #, Shelf #, and Bin # on each record.  When trying to run a report using the wizard, the first one was almost what I was looking for, but the colors I specified to draw attention to each new rack or shelf weren't always displaying properly.  It appeared to be random occurrences, and I double-checked that I hadn't made any data entry errors.  I would also like the report to print each shelf on a separate page so I can attach it to the corresponding physical shelf to simplify the job for each person that will be doing the counting.  Any ideas on how I would I make all this happen?  Hope I explained everything clear enough.  I appreciate any input.  Thanks. 

Tried to post the file, but I get "
The attachment's inventory1.accdb content type (application/msaccess) does not match its file extension and has been removed.".  So idk.  

0 Replies