Customize permission on Anonymous Link on SharePoint

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a way to customize my Anonymous link (file).

I want an Anonymous link which  permit only the upload.

I searched already in Sharepoint Center and i didn't found anything about...

Thanks for your help,

13 Replies
That is a feature nor provided Today in SharePoint Online

Hi Juan Carlos,

Thanks you for your reply.

In OneDrive too ?

No to OneDrive as well. It’s a high uservoice request to request files from people but no updates.

Hi @Xavier VITASEK,

As Juan & Christopher said, this is not something that we have available in OneDrive or SharePoint today. Can you share what you are hoping to accomplish with an anonymous upload link? Thanks!

Stephen Rice

OneDrive Program Manager II

Hi @Stephen Rice,

The project :  500+ Students need to upload their thesis on a drive.

The students can just upload  and can't read / write / download other thesis.

On this drive a colleague take the thesis to a jury.

The problem is the time (They want something soon...) so i can't create 500+ accounts. (Or maybe a script is possible on office 365 ?)

The share link is a system very easy to use for them. But it proposes  read  or write.

This is why i wanted to know if it is possible to customize a sharelink.

I saw on Sharepoint you can give & take roles on groups.

Thanks you !

Xavier VITASEK

You fan technically use OneDrive and the whole advanced option of users can only see their own items. However you will run into the issue of getting them all access to your site. I’d they all have office 365 accounts or all have the same email domain with Microsoft accounts it wouldn’t be bad. But thats going to be your challenge with that method.

Forms could be a solution if it support attachments but doesn’t.

Something like smartsheets is what I use to collect simple data and attachments anonymously currently until one of these other solutions gets an update. PowerApps anon support would be amazing just don’t think it’ll happen ::(.

Hi Xavier I would suggest using Dropbox.com or Box.com.  Both services provide very intuitive ways of adding external email addresses or sharing a folder publicly if you want to skip the login piece.  After that, Microsoft Flow can copy files from dropbox to SharePoint as shown here:

Copy Files from Dropbox to SharePoint in New Browser Window

Afterwards you can then delete the file from Dropbox for instance.  See here:

Flow Actions with Dropbox in New Browser Window

Hope this helps and if you need help, my company may be able to help as we specialize in these types of things.  Click here for assistance in New Browser Window

Hi @Xavier VITASEK,

Thanks for expanding! I'm going to pass this feedback along to the people on our team who are looking at these types of scenarios. We don't have anything to share just yet but stay tuned. Thanks!

Stephen Rice

OneDrive Program Manager II

Why not a combination with flow.

Create an emailadress. Students sent their thesis to that adress. Flow copies the thesis from the e-mail to SharePoint library.

Maurits

Hello,

The thesis are sometimes too big for an email but i'm still going to do some research on Flow.

Thanks for the advice !

Hi @Stephen Rice,

Thanks you too for helping me !

This community is nice & do this best to help the people.

I'm learning a lot with all of your answers.

Thanks you again everyone.

Thanks you for your answer

I did some research on smarsheets (didn't know about it). It's interesting i will use it for another project.

Hi Joel

Dropbox has the same problem like One Drive or Sharepoint with the anonymous Link.

You  can't customize it .

I'm starting research on flow thanks you.