Content Targeting

Deleted
Not applicable

Anyone implemented or seen implemented a robust solution replacement for Audience Targeting in SharePoint Online? So audiences are compiled once a week in SharePoint Online which is no good for a lot of situations.

Ideally would like to use User Profile Proerties and Search to display. As an example read the users security groups they are a member of then display content that has been targeted at that group.

On the targeting side, obviously would need a site column to reflect that targeting options for the content author.

Keen to hear if anyone has had success in implementing a scenario similar.....

3 Replies
I can't quite follow your scenario, though Dynamic Groups in Azure AD is the modern way Microsoft would like you to do this in O365 I feel, obviously need to be grouped based on User Properties available in AAD rather than specific custom SharePoint ones.

So scenario could be:

User 1 is a member of Active Directory Groups called Finance and Payroll, Sydney Office. I want to target content, Documents, Events, News and Announcements at those groups. 

When user 1 lands on an intranet home page I want the targeted content to appear for the groups he is  a member of (not permission based but audiences).  But because audiences are only compiled once a week in SP Online that is no good. Also would need to use CQWP to display the content (not ideal).

Just wondering how or if others have acheived this without the need for Audiences and the CQWP?

Most recent case I used Dynamic AD Group to provide the group membership if the AD Groups themselves weren't available or being manually maintained. Then either used permissions based content restriction usually applied via a workflow or web part properties audience targeting. No super fine level stuff though