WVD Classic Cleanup

%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-2138702%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3EWVD%20Classic%20Cleanup%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-2138702%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EI%20played%20with%20WVD%20Classic%20previously%2C%20and%20now%20use%20WVD%20ARM.%20I%20thought%20I%20cleaned%20up%20all%20the%20classic%20bits%2C%20but%20one%20is%20still%20showing%20it's%20face%20when%20we%20plug%20in%20the%20feed%20into%20the%20Remote%20Desktop%20app%2C%20as%20it%20still%20shows%20up%20as%20a%20workspace%20with%20a%20single%20app%20(the%20original%20full%20desktop%20app%20that%20is%20created%20by%20default).%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EI%20can't%20find%20it%20within%20Azure%20Resource%20Groups%20either%2C%20and%20since%20it's%20a%20Classic%20one%20it%20doesn't%20show%20up%20in%20the%20WVD%20arm%20blades.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EAny%20idea%20how%20to%20get%20rid%20of%20this%20workspace%20from%20Classic%3F%20I've%20poked%20around%20using%20get-rds*%20type%20commands%20which%20I%20believe%20is%20how%20you%20interface%20with%20Classic%2C%20and%20haven't%20found%20anything.%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E
Occasional Contributor

I played with WVD Classic previously, and now use WVD ARM. I thought I cleaned up all the classic bits, but one is still showing it's face when we plug in the feed into the Remote Desktop app, as it still shows up as a workspace with a single app (the original full desktop app that is created by default).

 

I can't find it within Azure Resource Groups either, and since it's a Classic one it doesn't show up in the WVD arm blades.

 

Any idea how to get rid of this workspace from Classic? I've poked around using get-rds* type commands which I believe is how you interface with Classic, and haven't found anything.

4 Replies

Hi @Brian Martin , sounds like you are on the right track with get-rds* I would expect you should see something with Get-RdsAppGroup. Are you authenticating to the rd broker before running the command?

@Jensheerin 

 

I open up my session with "Add-RdsAccount -DeploymentUrl "https://rdbroker.wvd.microsoft.com"" if that's what you mean.

 

Get-Rdshostpool comes back empty/no-results. Getting hostpool and/or appgroups all require specifying a hostpool to complete the command, which there is no Hostpool. There IS a tenant group though, but no Tenant per the relevant powershell queries. It's like that workspace/remoteapp is orphaned. 

 

I'm stumped.

Hi @Brian Martin,
Sorry for the delay in replying.

Maybe you have more than one. Try using the Get-RdsTenant - name with a ForEach-Object and the same for Get-RdsHostPool and Get-RdsAppGroup to see if you find it.

Once found you can use Remove-Rds* to detete.
It isn't there. I opened a case with MS and they also were stumped and digging behind the scenes now and will get back to me.