Connectivity data for Update compliance

Iron Contributor

Will the Achieve better patch compliance with Update Connectivity data - Windows IT Pro Blog (microsoft.com) data also be available in the new Feature updates and expedite updates reports (Windows 10 and later feature updates - Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center (azure.com)) so that we have all the info in one place?

Also, will we ever get the same information for cumulative updates (other than expedite) so we can also see if we have devices that aren't online enough?

Also, what is the amount of time devices need to be online for cumulative updates? I'm guessing it's significantly lower than the 2+6h for feature updates?

Thks for clarifying that part.

1 Reply
Yes, the InsufficientUpdateCompliance alert is available today in Feature and Expedited update reports in Intune... I've seen them in my own test tenant. And I do plan to have that data available for regular, non-expedited, quality updates in the future.

You do need to have enabled the Windows Health Monitoring policy with the Windows Updates scope for those alerts to be available.

Time for cumulative updates turns out to be variable, depending on how current the device is, how fast the network connection is, and other device resources, so the same criteria is used to identify insufficient update connectivity devices.

HTH,
-David Guyer