[WMI] Win32_RDMSDeploymentSettings SetStringProperty bug

Copper Contributor

I've found a bug in a WMI function. Specifically the SetStringProperty method on the Win32_RDMSDeploymentSettings class.

When you enter a domain with only numbers in the domain name the method fails.

This works

Invoke-CimMethod -Namespace "root/CIMV2/rdms" -ClassName "Win32_RDMSDeploymentSettings" -MethodName "SetStringProperty" -Arguments @{Key="DeploymentRedirectorServer"; Value="remote.abc.com"}

This fails 

Invoke-CimMethod -Namespace "root/CIMV2/rdms" -ClassName "Win32_RDMSDeploymentSettings" -MethodName "SetStringProperty" -Arguments @{Key="DeploymentRedirectorServer"; Value="remote.123.com"}

With the error

Invoke-CimMethod : Invalid method Parameter(s)

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. But I couldn't find any way to officially report a bug to Microsoft

3 Replies
In case you have access to a Windows 10 device, you may use the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Your code is PowerShell and you may directly report issues involving PowerShell scripts to:
https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/issues
This issue is not related to PowerShell itself. It's the WMI call that seems to have a BUG. Any method (be it Powershell of C#) of doing the WMI call wil result in the same problem.

I've now submitted the issue with the Feedback hub as well. This topic could at least serve other people Googling this issue.
Thank you for reporting and thank you for reporting the issue using the Feedback Hub app. Windows team will review it.