sudden slow internet speed on windows 11

Copper Contributor

recently I updated my windows 10 to windows 11. after that my download speed is suddenly decreased my actual internet speed is 25mbps when I check on the speed test also its showing 25mbps but while downloading on chrome or on Microsoft edge it'll be decreased to around 200kbps and even youtube is also the same. I tried resetting the network adapter. please give me some solution.

Link speed (Receive/Transmit): 100/100 (Mbps)
Link-local IPv6 address: fe80::8de6:78e6:f807:ff5d%6
IPv4 address: 192.168.100.7
IPv4 DNS servers: 192.168.100.1 (Unencrypted)
Manufacturer: Realtek
Description: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller
Driver version: 10.26.328.2018
Physical address (MAC): **************

98 Replies
use only 5ghz Wifi, it works

@KevinK999 

I have tried numerous workarounds to solve this issue. I experienced it as well after installing Windows 11.  The solution I found for my computer was in the properties for my network card. Control Panel>Network and Sharing>left click on Internet>Properties>Configure(Network Card ie: Realtek RTL8822CE>Advanced tab. In my advance tab under Property listed was 802.11d. Under that was 802.11n channel width for 2.4GHz and 802.11n channel width for 5.2GHz. I disabled the 802.11d and turned the other 2 to Auto. So far I have haven't had any further instances of slow internet. Good luck, I hope this helps.

@AngelUnAware 

Thanks for the snapshots as well.  Nice reply!

@Tech_Lover   I tried all the fixes that were suggested. Nothing worked. I don't have the Killer drivers or software. I decided to experiment. So far I have had luck by setting all my network properties to match the properties in my Windows 10 desktop. This has helped (for now) it's been about 12 hours since I made the changes and I have maintained over 200mbps speeds. Control Panel>Network and Sharing>left click on your connected Internet>Properties>Configure>Advance. I attached snapshots of the steps and 2 snapshots showing Windows 10 Network Advance Properties.

I hope this helps.

Thanks. Unfortunately, that temporarily fixed it. Had to go back to the drawing board to tweak more settings. :(

Been fighting this for days as soon as I unchecked IPv6 it rocks!!  Kudos @TimothyRoy 

@anupbadrii had the same issue and it was to do with CFOS.  I was sure i had uninstalled it but the live update must have put it back on.  - removed and now running as it should.

Few people have Killer apps. This is not a solution.

@fm2753  What do you do if you do not have Killer in your services.

What is CFOS and how do I find it? I looked in services.

@mstremmelaar  Thanks It works for me

@bryandav1965Thanks, your suggestion worked for me!  I had upgraded to Windows 11 and was getting 20 Mbps or slower download speeds on WiFi.  After running TCPOptimizer and updating the Settings to Optimal and Connection Speed to 100+Mbps, I am now getting 400 Mbps or faster download speeds, as expected. 

@SidEwigk  THIS WORKED, like a charm!! New PC build was fine yesterday, this morning it was very slow. Changing the adapter to 1Gps Full Duplex fixed it. Thank You! 

@ralfieribm 

Dell Optimize contain ExpressConnect, the same Killer Service from first posts (Express connect is the Rivet networks Killer networking smartbyte optimizer). Stop and Disable ExpressConnect services and remove Expressconnect from the App and the network will work fine again.

@anupbadri Actually the fix might be a lot simpler. I just chose the "Reset network connections" and when it restarted everything came up perfect. I have a ASRock A520M w/ a Ryzen 5 5600G. The settings for 10 seem to be different in 11, so before resetting your router and Wi-Fi (like I did first) just try the network setting reset.

I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 a few weeks ago. Immediately my internet access slowed down considerably, so much it takes at least 60 seconds for a page to load. I have tried all the fixes above and my frustration is beginning to get the best of me. I had a fast, stable, Windows 10 system. In all the years I have used Windows this has to be the worst experience I have ever had. My desktop Dell is only 2 years old and I have a direct internet link with my hub for fast access..

How can I get back to Windows 10 and get back my decent internet access speed.
I had to separate 5GHz and 2.4GHz brother as individual networks and it's working again.

It seems that my Internet speeds keep slowing down after a period of time and I have had to run SG TCP optimizer multiple times.  Based on the one suggestion, I have reset my network devices and now things are back to normal.  I just hope that the Internet speeds remain consistent and do not dip down again.  I also have Eero and do not have the option of separating the 5 GHZ and 2.4 GHZ bands.

separate on my synology router.

one network for 2.4 ghz, 1 network for 5ghz. Instead of both automatically, as would be the router's default settings. All other tricks like tcp optimizer and and and didn't help me. Only the 2 separate wifi networks on the router.

@anupbadri 

typical windows solution to troubleshooting it's lack of service and attention to known issues,, have those affected talk about it..