Printer not showing under Printers & Scanners, cannot get on to Printer Properties

Copper Contributor

Hope someone can help...

I've tried various theories on how to fix this, including a Microsoft Support Technician taking control of my PC for 2.5 hours and they couldn't fix it.

I have installed a Canon Pro 4000S on to my PC (HP Pro 3135) as a new printer, currently installed and plugged into my PC via usb. I can print to it no problem so the PC and Printer are talking to eachother and it's clearly installed correctly as surely it wouldnt let me print to it.

The problem - I need to get on to the Printer Properties so I can edit some of the settings and to also 'Get Information' on the printer properties so it will retrieve the newly created paper settings I created from the printer itself so I can select the newly created paper settings on the media dialogue box when I go to print.

HOWEVER... The printer isn't showing up under Printers and Scanners, so I therefore can't click on manage to get on to printer properties, it shows under 'Bluetooth and Other Devices'.

In Devices and Print Folders, it also doesn't show up under Printers and instead shows up under 'Unspecified'.

Also under Devices and Print Folders the status says 'Device setup in progress'.

This led me to think that it was just taking ages to install and someone from another forum recommended just waiting as theirs took over an hour. I left the PC and Printer connected over night (14 hours) with no joy.

I have tried the 'solution' where you go into Services and change the 5 Device Settings but no joy.

I have tried various drivers and uninstalled/installed/rebooted my PC and the printer numerous times, again with no joy.

I have bought an ethernet cable today which will be delivered tomorrow and will try to install via ethernet instead, i'm wondering if the USB is causing a problem somehow. Although i'm set up to another similar printer via usb with no problems at all.

If anyone can help, i would be super grateful!

Thanks

Phil

0 Replies