Mouse cursor prob

Copper Contributor

I have a problem with the mouse cursor: it freezes, jumps, disappears.

The problem has existed for about a month and has become more serious. PC use is significantly restricted.
New driver for the Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 is installed.
The monitor is an LG 43UD79-B

Prozessor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
Installierter RAM 64,0 GB
Geräte-ID 62D54FA8-232D-4763-AC8D-F30EB98DB44F
Produkt-ID 00391-90000-00000-AA393
Systemtyp 64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor
Stift- und Toucheingabe Für diese Anzeige ist keine Stift- oder Toucheingabe verfügbar.

Edition Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
Version 24H2
Installiert am ‎12.‎03.‎2024
Betriebssystembuild 26063.1
Leistung Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.26063.1.0

Please give some hints..

wkr

Wilhelm

14 Replies

@Pieper_Meck  

Is it a mouse (USB optical) or a built-in touchpad?

@A1

its a mouse.

@Pieper_Meck  

Does this mouse on another computer work properly, is it important?

You just have to rule out that this is a bug in this build:

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 26063 (Canary Channel) | Windows Insider Blog

@A1
My second computer is a Huawei laptop. I tried pairing the mouse via Bluetooth. That unfortunately did not work. Here on the PC the connection is via a USB ubufied receiver together with the keyboard. Back to the mouse problems: They are not always equally serious, sometimes (like now) things go smoothly. Is there anything else I can test/install/uninstall?

@Pieper_Meck 

Since mouse issues are temporary, the cause may be due to an unstable version of Canary that contains bugs.

Your contribution to Windows helps you make fixes based on diagnostic data automatically sent from your PC.

Thank you and best regards.

:-((
Currently the cursor problems have increased again. It's frozen for 5...10 seconds, then it jumps to another spot and freezes again. Sometimes you can make entries in between, but secure text editing is not possible. I just tried to report a problem with PayPal without being able to complete the entry. In between I am suddenly logged out and can then start again from the beginning. The PC is therefore unusable. The fact that Microsoft doesn't fix the problem is out of the question!

@Pieper_Meck 

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 26085 (Canary and Dev Channels) | Windows Insider Blog

Probably - in this build, the cursor issue will be fixed.

"[Input]
With this build, the recent issues with the mouse cursor disappearing, and other recent issues related to the mouse cursor behaving abnormally should be fixed."

After the update Windows 11 Insider Preview 26085.1 (ge_release) the mouse function has improved significantly - I hope it stays that way.
Problems are back. Its time to leave this program. Where can I read Your HowTo?

@Pieper_Meck 

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 26100 (Canary and Dev Channels) | Windows Insider Blog

Do you want to install a stable version of Windows - the only way you can leave Insider in this case.

It's unbelievable what Microsoft expects its users to accept: So click the pay button? It takes over 1 minute for this to work.
Insert text? Either keystrokes are lost or the keyboard bouncessssssssssssssssssssss. Copy and paste? Not usable. Just get out of here.
But: New installation should be carried out in the current partition; all files and saved passwords should be retained. Does it work?

@Pieper_Meck 

During the setup of the new installation, everything will be removed.

Windows 11 Clean Installation (microsoft.com)

OH, overwhelming Your support. Thats Microsft special treatment of customers. :-((

@Pieper_Meck  

I don't work for Microsoft, I'm just trying to help.

I understand your frustration!