feature suggestion for Win-11: some extra layout options for taskbar

Copper Contributor

I've been using Windows-11 now for a few months.  And, I really like the new taskbar layout.  (It seems to have adopted a few of the Chromebook ideas, which I also like.)

Here's two suggested enhancements:

#1: Allow the user to 'pattern/group' the center icons (app-launchers) into 'sections

simply by adding a  blank 'spacer' between 'groupings' that the user imagines. For example, 'system-related' vs user's 'personal favorite' icons.

For example, add the ability to have a blank/empty placeholder between any two adjacent icons.  Thus, if the user arranges a pattern with system-related icons first and user-related icons second, the result would be: 'Start' icon and 'Settings' as the first two, then a 'blank-spacer', then, say, a cmd-line launcher, and then an

Edge-launcher followed by a Chrome-launcher, followed my his 'fav-game' launcher.

#2:  I really like the (chromebook) convention, that Win-11 has adopted, of the 'under-lines' that indicates whether or not any given icon is 'active' (running).

It would be great if there was a checkbox in layout dialog that could re-arrange

the layout-order to achieve having all 'active' icons at the right-end and

all the non-active icons at the left end (or not).

(I hope I explained these clearly.)  Thanks for listening.

0 Replies