SOLVED

can't change insider settings from canary to any other , nor can leave the insider program

Copper Contributor

i cant change from canary channel to any other i also tried to leave the insider program but its not working

5 Replies

@aditya23op  Hi,

What’s coming for the Windows Insider Program in 2023 | Windows Insider Blog

Unfortunately, only a clean installation of Windows is the solution in the Blog is an explanation of :)

best response confirmed by aditya23op (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @aditya23op,

There are a few possible reasons why you might not be able to change your Insider settings from Canary to any other, or leave the Insider program altogether:

• You are running a preview build of Windows that is not yet eligible for switching channels or leaving the program.
  • You have a pending update available.
  • There is a problem with your Insider account or settings.

To troubleshoot the issue, try the following:

1. Make sure that you are running the latest preview build of Windows. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates.
  2. If you have a pending update available, install it.
  3. Try restarting your computer.
  4. If you are still unable to change your Insider settings, try leaving the Insider program and then rejoining. To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program and click Stop getting preview builds. Once you have left the program, you can rejoin and select a different channel.

If those options don't work, you will need to reinstall (fresh install) the Windows.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

@A1 ohh no, why didn't they gave a warning before i chose canary channel, this is no annoying

° i tried leaving the program and then stop receiving insider preview builds but the button doesn't do anything i clicked i so many times but nothing happens.
°before I was in beta channel, there it was showing me the option to switch between insider programs but now i can't when i choose the canary one.
° why microsoft didn't show a warning if this the case with canary channel , its so annoying.

@aditya23op  

I gave the official information that was released in March 2023, my answer is based on experience, so if another solution works, I will be happy to learn something:)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by aditya23op (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @aditya23op,

There are a few possible reasons why you might not be able to change your Insider settings from Canary to any other, or leave the Insider program altogether:

• You are running a preview build of Windows that is not yet eligible for switching channels or leaving the program.
  • You have a pending update available.
  • There is a problem with your Insider account or settings.

To troubleshoot the issue, try the following:

1. Make sure that you are running the latest preview build of Windows. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates.
  2. If you have a pending update available, install it.
  3. Try restarting your computer.
  4. If you are still unable to change your Insider settings, try leaving the Insider program and then rejoining. To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program and click Stop getting preview builds. Once you have left the program, you can rejoin and select a different channel.

If those options don't work, you will need to reinstall (fresh install) the Windows.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

View solution in original post