battery draining issue after installaiton of windows 11

Copper Contributor

battery draining issue after installaiton of windows 11

114 Replies

@DannyVN 

I also noticed the heat issue with my Acer Spin, but thought it was unrelated.  However with the battery solution I posted earlier today I noticed that the overheating also seems to be resolved.

I had always thought Windows11 upgrade was somehow involved here, but I recently had done a cleanmgr and deleted the files required to back off the upgrade. Fortunately I believe I've corrected the issue with battery settings (see my earlier post today).
how did u do it ?

@KyoMaxy 

1. Plug in the device and log into Windows.
  2. Shutdown the device.
  3. Restart Windows.
  4. Change Advanced Battery Settings to match below screenshot
  5. Shutdown Windows.

You should be fine after that.  It's worked for me today but I will give it some more testing and report back my findings.

Fishhead7_0-1658702826651.jpeg

Fishhead7_1-1658702826655.jpeg

Good morning,

Wondering how were your findings?

Thanks

@Deleted 

I made no further changes and all continued to go well.  It would not surprise me if Microsoft has already fixed this in a Windows11 update, as I'm thinking it may have affected many users?  In any case, the settings to work around the issue are not bad to have in place.

@Fishhead7 

Thanks for replying, may I know how much battery you got before and after the change?

Shawn

May I ask what is your max and min processor state?
I left the model settings, meaning I didn't tweak them. That would have been an area where I was going to experiment if the other changes hadn't worked. Generally I only tweak those settings for issues related to overheating. Currently I've stopped using that machine because the screen is acting up.
Before the change I'd get 100% until it got down to the power saver threshold, at which point it would go to zero. After the change it would start at 100% and drain normally until it needed recharging, perhaps 8 hours or so.
It seems my battery is just lost its capacity, only getting 1hr

@Deleted 

Time for a new battery @ around $50 

Thanks for the advice, will use the battery till it cant' handle it anymore, anyways have a very long charger :) It seems windows reports 2hr now

is this problem still not fixed? when will there be a fix for this? 

When people will sue them