SOLVED

Using Autopatch to upgrade to Win10 22H2

Copper Contributor

When will we be able to update my WIN10 machines to 22H2 with Intune Autoptach?

Thanks

Shaun

3 Replies

@SPFrancis 

Hey Shaun, MS wrote in the article below that you can change the Feature Update Version of the Policy "Windows Autopatch – DSS Policy [Broad]" and so on, as you desire.

"

Important

If you’re ahead of the current minimum OS version enforced by Windows Autopatch in your organization, you can edit Windows Autopatch’s default Windows feature update policy and select your desired targeted vers....

"

I did this months ago and it works pretty fine.

Windows feature updates - Windows Deployment | Microsoft Learn

Hi sorry I'm not seeing Windows Autopatch mentioned in that article. You can edit the individual policies, but doesn't that default the purpose of Autopatch? Under release management I don't see any options to change from 20H2 (the current target) to 22H2.

You can pause and resume but there are no edit buttons on that page.
best response confirmed by Harman_Thind (Microsoft)
Solution
Hey Shaun, circling back now that Autopatch Groups and Feature Updates are in public preview. With those features you can now schedule and upgrade to any version of windows 10 or 11 you'd like as well as take advantage of segmenting your devices using Autopatch Groups.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Harman_Thind (Microsoft)
Solution
Hey Shaun, circling back now that Autopatch Groups and Feature Updates are in public preview. With those features you can now schedule and upgrade to any version of windows 10 or 11 you'd like as well as take advantage of segmenting your devices using Autopatch Groups.

View solution in original post