SOLVED

User NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS in BUILTIN\Administrators?

Copper Contributor

Seeing EventID 0 constantly after a new setup of WAC on fully patched Server 2016 Standard.  

Tried upgrading to 1812 Build 1.1.1812.06001 but still seeing it every time I try to add a new server.  Get eternal spinning dots and no progress.  CPU hits 25% with the SME.exe process and appears hung.  

I was able to add servers initially right after I installed WAC, but oddly enough it stopped on its own, and the problem has not gone away even after service restart and server reboot.  

Attached picture of current permission level for sme.exe

Seems user ANONYMOUS should never have Administrator access, but not sure where else to look here.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by houlihas (Copper Contributor)
Solution

OK after looking over the problem further, I eventually realized that chrome had stored the initial login when connecting to the gateway.  Subsequent attempts to load the console after that were all logged in as ANONYMOUS somehow.  

Eventually after closing and reopening chrome, it prompted me to login again and everything started working normally again.  

@houlihas am Anonymous Logon i need help for summith new respown and going lntendant microsoft

@houlihas je suis l'intendant des Anonymous logon et je demande de l'Aide pour prendre en main ma vie et je veux que tu m'Aide a y arriver quoi faire pour y arriver envoye moi un couriel a Among.rheymons.sheayfyliord@hotmail.Com
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by houlihas (Copper Contributor)
Solution

OK after looking over the problem further, I eventually realized that chrome had stored the initial login when connecting to the gateway.  Subsequent attempts to load the console after that were all logged in as ANONYMOUS somehow.  

Eventually after closing and reopening chrome, it prompted me to login again and everything started working normally again.  

View solution in original post