Unable to install windows 11 Update (kb5014019)

Copper Contributor

Been on Windows 11 for many months and I constantly make sure that it gets updated regularly and timely manner. However this time with update (kb5014019), I get this error (0x80073701).

I tried every guide out there to resolve this issue and it didn't work out; I even tried installing it manually from Microsoft Update Catalog and it still fails.

5 Replies

@Kapil Arya Tried that and checked for an update and it still fails.

Tried it again followed by manual installation of the update and getting same results.

I can't think of a reason why an update would fail, i always keep everything on windows with default configuration and never done any changes to the registry or anything that would cause Windows to get corrupted in some way or another. 

Hi @MajDroid 

Because I'm guessing you're using a stable version of Windows - and this is a preview update (this may not be

You may have to install this update because all components are missing )

Download updates from the Microsoft Store perhaps a new installer downloaded from the Store will provide a complete environment for installing the latest preview (optional)'

May 24, 2022—KB5014019 (OS Build 22000.708) Preview (microsoft.com)

I am on stable channel but you raise a good point, the update is clearly labeled as preview in
but why would Windows Update Catalog but why would it offer it to me to install it if it's readily available for stable channel?!

@MajDroid 

This is normal - it only installs if you agree, but this is just an additional update, so not all computers need to install it!
All mandatory Windows updates - are downloaded and installed automatically.
So everything is OK.

Windows quality updates primer - Microsoft Tech Community