Live Event feature request - show live video screen/chat on beamer/video wall in local meeting hall

Copper Contributor

Hello everybody,

I didn't find a solution yet for the following rquirement, so I am trying to get this on the list for future development. If anybody has a solution already, I would also appreciate any hint.

Background:
We are producing live events quite regulary as multi-format events, that means participants can join meetings on premise in meeting hall or online via live event. Multiple speakers present content after each other while standing on a stage. Of course, the on premise alternative for audience was not used that much during the last months, but we expect increasing in the future.
At the moment, I am able to stream audio and video to external/online users with a delay of about 20 seconds. For speakers and attendees on premise those 20 seconds delay are confusing when we put that signal on a beamer or video wall as the lip-sync ist totally out of range ;)
Further, there is no possibility to put the chat-feature (and only the chat-feature, in full-screen) on a video-wall/beamer.

Requirement:
What I would like to have is the ability to

• put the video-signal from the producer-PC directly to a beamer/video wall (with no delay, in fullscreen)
  • put the chat-feature in fullscreen to a beamer/video wall

That would help to enhance the on premise meeting-experience in several ways:
1. Audience on premise could see the speakers also on video-walls/beamers
2. Remote-Guest-Speakers could also be involved to be seen by local audience/local speakers
3. Chat-questions could be shown to local speakers/audience (at the moment we only read chat-messages to speakers)

Does anybody know a way to fulfill those requirements or put them onto the development list

Regards, Marko.

2 Replies

Hi,

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/ is the best place to request new features for Teams.

I can suggest an alternatives for you.

• For the Video Wall produce the event on one PC using OBS or Vmix or similar, the output signal send it via HDMI into a splitter that sends to the Video Wall and a computer that send out the Live Event. To get the signal in to the Live Event computer use a HDMI2USB converter.
  • Chat feature, I guess you mean the Q&A module in Live Events, that is harder to solve. 

@Linus Cansby 

Thanks for your suggestion. We've already tried to use a video mixer (my favourite: Blackmagic Atem Mini), what works good for local (on premise) video sources.
At the moment you try to share online content to local visitors this idea works only halfway good:

• in general: you have to deal with two video mixer panels (Teams itself, Hard-/Software mixer)
  • gets tricky if you start to share content (e.g. PowerPoint) because you have to share it by Hard-/Software mixer - there must be a "defined one and only" source PC
  • no way to share online content (e.g. presentation/video from an Online-Participant) in fullscreen onto local video wall in acceptable quality (because the source is online and not locally connected to video mixer)

vMix would be a solution (technically), but if we used this one there'd be no need to use teams anymore - we could directly stream with that software (and would loose the Q&A feature).

At least, what I am looking for is the feature "Fullscreen Output"/"External Output" that vMix offers (https://www.vmix.com/purchase/#comparisontable) - but directly in Teams :smile: