SOLVED

Is it appropriate in MTC to provide answers to technical problems?

Gold Contributor

Or is it better to just direct to another Microsoft space, without trying to help?

I believe that the user is confused and frustrated because Microsoft support -> directs to MTC, so how to behave in this Forum?

You may ask your Windows related questions in Microsoft Answers forum - Microsoft Community Hub

Here's an example:

Bluescreen/Greenscreen DRIVERS_IRQL_OT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Microsoft Community Hub

3 Replies

Please give me some thoughts = tips.

Here is an excerpt from the official guidelines in the MTC:  Microsoft Tech Community Guidelines - Microsoft Community Hub

"

DON’T

Post support or break/fix questions. The best place to get product support is the Microsoft Answers community: http://answers.microsoft.com/. If you’re an IT admin, you can also open a support ticket through the Microsoft 365 admin center. Opening a support ticket is the best way to track an issue and ensure it gets escalated as needed so you’re back up and running as quickly as possible."

best response confirmed by A1 (Gold Contributor)
Solution

Yes, it's great to provide answers to technical problems when you can.

We try to meet the user where they are, but if they do have breakneck support concerns that can't be answered directly within the Tech Community, we direct them to support at that time.

We understand your concern at another user directing people to support rather than posting their question on Tech Community, but sharing this opinion does not violate our code of conduct so it is allowed for them to do so.

@Eric Starker 

Thank you, This is not a violation of the MTC Code.

I wanted to talk about this topic because there are a lot of unanswered questions, so I think it's better to answer a technical question - within the limits of your capabilities and knowledge -> ( because not answering is disrespecting and ignoring )

Of course, I'm asking for other opinions.  

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by A1 (Gold Contributor)
Solution

Yes, it's great to provide answers to technical problems when you can.

We try to meet the user where they are, but if they do have breakneck support concerns that can't be answered directly within the Tech Community, we direct them to support at that time.

We understand your concern at another user directing people to support rather than posting their question on Tech Community, but sharing this opinion does not violate our code of conduct so it is allowed for them to do so.

View solution in original post