SOLVED

Microsft Teams Chatbots

Copper Contributor

Hi, I am new to developing microsoft teams chatbots and I am trying to ask the user a question and then process the information, however my app simply asks the user a question and then begins processing without waiting for a response from the user. Should I use waterfall dialog to solve this problem and if so is there a link someone could point me to that would be helpful.

Thanks

1 Reply
best response confirmed by VijayDev23 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@VijayDev23 - 

Yes, using a waterfall dialog in your Microsoft Teams chatbot can help solve the problem of waiting for a response from the user before proceeding with further processing. The waterfall dialog provides a structured way to guide the conversation and handle user input.

Here is a link to the Microsoft Teams documentation that explains how to use waterfall dialogs in your bot:

This documentation will guide you through the process of implementing waterfall dialogs in your bot, including defining steps, capturing user input, and handling the dialog flow. It also provides examples and code snippets to help you get started.

By utilizing waterfall dialogs, you can prompt the user with a question, wait for their response, and then process the information accordingly, ensuring a more interactive and dynamic conversation experience.

Thanks,
Nivedipa
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the response is helpful, please click Mark as Best Response and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VijayDev23 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@VijayDev23 - 

Yes, using a waterfall dialog in your Microsoft Teams chatbot can help solve the problem of waiting for a response from the user before proceeding with further processing. The waterfall dialog provides a structured way to guide the conversation and handle user input.

Here is a link to the Microsoft Teams documentation that explains how to use waterfall dialogs in your bot:

This documentation will guide you through the process of implementing waterfall dialogs in your bot, including defining steps, capturing user input, and handling the dialog flow. It also provides examples and code snippets to help you get started.

By utilizing waterfall dialogs, you can prompt the user with a question, wait for their response, and then process the information accordingly, ensuring a more interactive and dynamic conversation experience.

Thanks,
Nivedipa
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the response is helpful, please click Mark as Best Response and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.

View solution in original post