Bare-Metal OS Deployment stops at "Enabling Hyper-V"

Copper Contributor

I cannot get the bare-metal deployment of Windows 2019 by SCVMM2019 onto HP Blade servers.  It always fails on the same place.  When it is Enabling Hyper-V.  I have used the GUI and PowerShell it always stops/fails at the same place.

Scenario:

In SCVMM2019 with a sysprepped Win2019 Data Centre image published in the VMM Library.  All servers are running Win2019 DC - SQL Server is a remote SQL 2017

After the process runs for a while....Transferring and Converting the vhd….the iLO screen shows it is "Enabling Hyper-V".  after a short while it stops and shows the error:

Error: 80004005: Unspecified error

Press shift-F10 to open …….a log is at x:\vmm\vmmagentpe.exe.log

That file does not say much....but there is a DISM log file and that contains errors, which includes:

dism cbs error 0x800f0830 cbs_e_image_unserviceable - all other errors seem to relate to this topic

I have seen "https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/97c7a195-6c88-4c74-82f6-70854297cb6a/hyperv-bare-m..." - but it is very difficult to understand what the steps are as it is in German

Any suggestions?

Stephen

3 Replies

@StephenTyrer 

Same situation here, but on a new Dell R740 Server.

I did open a premier case with Microsoft to get some assistance. We took some VMM logs and also sent them the PXE logs when the failure occurred. They mentioned they weren't able to find much details on logs and will get back to me once they have an action plan. 

I'll provide an update once they get back to me.

Thank you for reply. Yes please do update the thread if you get a response.

Stephen.

@StephenTyrer 

I just heard back that Microsoft was able to reproduce the same error on their lab environment and they have involved this with the Global Escalation team who will review the issue and work with the Product Team to get this fixed.

I've asked when can i expect a fix, so i will update this thread when i hear back from MSFT. Though i'm i'm thinking a fix will come in next CU for SCVMM, so i will likely have to manually build this hv-host if i want to get it out to production soon.

Will update thread when i hear back.